MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current template system is very uncomfortable...
Would be nice to have something a little bit more user friendly.. that we can expand the groups without reloading and stuff... using JS or something.

*same for the ACP menu could be great*
All that is about to change once gold is released, which shouldn't be too long now , hopefully!
Any feature list of gold or an admin demo somewhere?
i dont think that you will be able to take a look at the admin panel unless you are an admin on a site that is testing the boards, so youll just have to wait, on the other hand u can take a look at some of the boards that are running

MyBB 1.00 Preview Release 1

for example take a look at Dennis's signature (the smod)
I wouldn't move to a completely javascript dependant solution for this as a lot of people still don't use javascript. I've been playing around with the XML Http Request functions (as the beta testers know) and I could have a method whihc could be implemented for editing themes and templates, but of course i'd still support the old versions.

We're planning an Admin CP redesign too, for Gold - not for PR1, which will hopefully feature this.