MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Hidden Tag"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

zupi

Hi,
in some forums i saw the function hidden tag,
that means something ist posted hidden, but when you reply to the Thread, you can see what is hidden.

It would be nice, when there will be a modification for this.

Hope you understand what i meant, cause im german and my englisc isn't so good... :mrgreen:

THX, btw. the mods here are really cool!

zupi
I might will do that

I think i know what are you talking about

[hide] secret stuff [/hide]

it would take few days to finish and test the hide tag.

zupi

yeah exactly thats it,
it would be great if you would do that for me!
this is a forbidden UBB.
Although i can say, that i made it myself (and works great), i can't release it.

This because its used by lots of warez forums.

If it was up to me, i would release it, but i can't because its against the rules.

if you don't believe me, http://www.mybbmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=247 <== i was to lazy then to make it Smile

ELY_M Wrote:it would take few days to finish and test the hide tag.

Toke me a few hours.

First reply, then you can view it.
Admins/mods can view it all the time.
If you quote the text, haven't replyd, you can't view it.

Please note, i made this UBB for myself, and not with intensions for a warez board.

PS, don't dare to PM me for the code Smile

zupi

i got an little homework board of my class and we want to see who accudantly used the homework. I would be very happy when i could get this UBB. I swear i dont use it for anything like warez etc.
Is this just a mod for spoiler type text?

[hidden]This is a cheat[/hidden] sort of thing?
[hidden]The answer is xx[/hidden]?

If so I don't see why it's not allowed. Please explain Smile
No. Its a mod where a post can contain [hidden][/hidden] tags. Anything between then is stored in the DB. When viewing the thread, you cannot see it unless you have a post in that thread.

As said above and at myBB Planet (you only need to request it at one place Toungue), it can be used for Warez purposes, and although you said you wont use it like that, I wont do it. Sorry.
Oh I see. Seems pretty pointless to me but then I would ^__^;
k776 Wrote:No. Its a mod where a post can contain [hidden][/hidden] tags. Anything between then is stored in the DB. When viewing the thread, you cannot see it unless you have a post in that thread.

As said above and at myBB Planet (you only need to request it at one place Toungue), it can be used for Warez purposes, and although you said you wont use it like that, I wont do it. Sorry.

I know we had this discussion before, but to say it could be used for warez purposes does not make any scence, because the whole forum (even without this mod) could be easilie be used for such a purpose (with just allowing registerd users to see some stuff, or even worse have a "warez" user group which will be able to share)
Although that's correct Bill, a modification like this would effectively make it possible to hide the fact that there's warez on a board.

I know the debate on the community forums about this was a while ago now, but I still believe the rule should be followed. Smile
Pages: 1 2