MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invalid Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2020-06-25, 07:50 AM)canadacommunity Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-22, 10:57 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Please could you find out what the fid field is for the row in your threads database table for that thread?

At first I was trying to figure out  where and what you were referring to, okay were getting really close here I actually see the posts in the database under posts. I really do not know what to do from here....  Huh

I would search the mybb_threads table in phpmyadmin to find that thread - then check the corresponding fid field.  Subject looks quite unique - perhaps something like 'The Truth about British%' in the subject column as a search criteria?  However you know your own data best, no doubt you'll dig it out.

See where Jordan's going with this - waiting to see how it plays out. Shy

cheers...
(2020-06-25, 09:55 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-22, 10:57 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Please could you find out what the fid field is for the row in your threads database table for that thread?

At first I was trying to figure out  where and what you were referring to, okay were getting really close here I actually see the posts in the database under posts. I really do not know what to do from here....  Huh

I would search the mybb_threads table in phpmyadmin to find that thread -

Thanks but unfortunately it doesn't go any higher in the alphabet, it stops at mybb_profilefields in phpmyadmin?
There's possibly buttons to go to the next page on phpMyAdmin at the bottom/top of the page.

There should be a place to run an SQL query, run the following which should display the thread appearing from the search I gave above.
SELECT * FROM mybb_threads WHERE subject LIKE '%Buckingham Palace%';

Replace mybb_ with your table prefix.
(2020-06-25, 11:47 AM)canadacommunity Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-25, 09:55 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]

I would search the mybb_threads table in phpmyadmin to find that thread -

Thanks but unfortunately it doesn't go any higher in the alphabet, it stops at mybb_profilefields in phpmyadmin?

Should be a page counter just under your database name in phpmyadmin - when you expand to see the tables.  Also > and >> for next, and end.  Try the second page...
(2020-06-25, 12:54 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]There's possibly buttons to go to the next page on phpMyAdmin at the bottom/top of the page.

There should be a place to run an SQL query, run the following which should display the thread appearing from the search I gave above.

@JordanMussi  Were getting so much closer here I just copied what you posted above and yes mybb_ is the table prefix in the database. Great news I found the thread title by Runing SQL query/queries on table.... so now what am I supposed to do from here? Oh and by the way Thank You so much for all the help up to now.

Also before i forget, there are approx 20+ other threads that have the exact same issue with invalid forum

(2020-06-25, 12:54 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]There's possibly buttons to go to the next page on phpMyAdmin at the bottom/top of the page.

Thanks finally figured that out I am still learning, new things to learn everyday.

(2020-06-25, 01:00 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be a page counter just under your database name in phpmyadmin - when you expand to see the tables.  Also > and >> for next, and end.  Try the second page...

Thanks finally figured that out I am still learning, new things to learn everyday.

Ok by doing that I found the thread that is missing so now what do I do?
(2020-06-27, 01:03 AM)canadacommunity Wrote: [ -> ]Ok by doing that I found the thread that is missing so now what do I do?

While waiting for JM to reveal next steps, suggest you might want to compare the fid value in the thread you found, with the fid of the forum as it currently exists.  Which you'll find at the end of the URL in ACP Forums & Posts links. 

My guess is they're not the same, but next steps best left to Jordan.  The fid value will impact both the threads and posts tables.

As mentioned before, following with interest.

cheers...

You may have already done this, but view the screenshot and double-check your forum settings.

[Image: 355ebc52e0c73726c4c7a5120a0e7394.png]
(2020-06-27, 01:01 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP Forums & Posts links. 

When going to this url it shows "invalid forum"

https://canadacommunity.org/Thread-The-Truth-about-British-psychopaths-raised-at-Buckingham-Palace

Quote:Serpius
You may have already done this, but view the screenshot and double-check your forum settings.

Thank You, yes that defiantly been already checked and verified

=======================================

@JordanMussi suggested I do a SQL query inside the phpmyadmin/mariadb 

As we can see, it's in the database (picture below)

[attachment=43018]
So that thread is assigned to forum id 141.
Visiting https://canadacommunity.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=141 shows invalid forum.

So I think what has happened is this forum has been deleted and the threads have stuck around.

If you visit: /admin/index.php?module=forum-management&action=edit&fid=141 you'll likely be redirected saying invalid id.

Alternatively run this query to get info about the forum
SELECT * FROM mybb_forums WHERE fid=141;

To get a list of threads associated with this forum run:
SELECT * FROM mybb_threads WHERE fid=141;

If you want to move these threads to another forum find that forum in the Admin CP then copy its fid from the URL and run the following query (replacing NEW_FID with the new fid):
UPDATE mybb_threads SET fid = NEW_FID WHERE fid = 141;
Pages: 1 2 3