MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force that a thread or a PM, always has a certain basic color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello community,
sometimes when our users post , they post a text that they have copied somewhere and then paste it into our text field (copie/paste). Since most of the editors are different, the texts are often illegible because they are too small or have a very "strenuous" color for our forum (dark skin Forum).
Can I set in the admin area that everything that is posted, regardless of whether a thread or a PM, always has a certain basic color? For example, in our forum it would be the color white, since we have a dark skin. And a basic size?
If you want to highlight something colorful, you can do it later in the editor.

THX in advance for your help!
blongso
Hello community!
No idea? No help? No solution?
Change the editor to another one, which will not parse formatted text and control characters.

Another simple way, try to set the editor to source mode by default. Then the textfield will only accept plaintext and discard special control characters.
Worth a try.

Any other solution will need a bunch of modifications in code for text parsing.

[ExiTuS]
I'd set the editor to source mode by default.
Thank you [ExiTuS] and Omar G.
So is there a setting option to set the editor for everyone by default?
I myself have set the editor to html because I am "familiar" with it. But 99% of our users do not know this setting. As I said: somewhere you copy a text that has headings, bold and colored words. If you insert it with us, it even happens that you see the html code in the text, or as I said, the main color is black, which, as already mentioned, is very difficult to read for our skin.
It gets particularly bad when someone from Word inserts something into a thread ...
A small text in the thread is almost illegible. I recently read something similar here (https://community.mybb.com/thread-228226...pid1351446).
If you copy the text (which you have to scroll down long) and then paste it back into Word, the small text is suddenly 150 pages long ... absolutely crazy (It is an example of a user who was desperate and asked for help)

ok ...
Where can I set this "default" for ALL in the editor?
Go to ACP > Configuration > Clickable Smilies and BB Code > Clickable MyCode Editor in Partial Mode: Yes
Hope this helps!

[ExiTuS]
I think you will need to change the DB default value for the user column to 1 as well.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L1134
re [ExiTuS]
It was already set to OK ....

re Omar G.,
Oh my god, I absolutely didn't understand ... Huh ... can you guide me?
You need to update the default value for that column in the users table from 0 to 1.
re Omar G.,
thank you for your anwer and help!
One question: can I also undo this if it doesn't work as I imagine?
Pages: 1 2