MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyConversations: a conversation plugin for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
MyConversations version 1.2.2 has just been released.

New feature and fixes:
  • Adds support for the new attachment user interface of MyBB 1.8.27.
  • Bugfix: SQL error on searching solely by participant (from the quick-search field of the main conversation listing).
  • Bugfix: Two settings on registration were by default unchecked when they ought to have been checked: "Allow other members to add me to conversations and conversation groups, including by starting new ones with me." and "Notify me by email when somebody starts a conversation with me."
  • Bugfix: Zero was not being interpreted as unlimited for the per-usergroup setting "Maximum Participants Per Conversation/Group" for a member who belonged to other usergroups with a non-zero value for the same setting.
is there any option for edit the pms that already have sent ?
(2021-08-22, 02:44 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]is there any option for edit the pms that already have sent ?

Not yet, but it's a planned feature for the future.
MyConversations version 1.2.3 has just been released.

This is a bugfix and minor feature release. No security issues are involved, so upgrading is not a high priority.

New features and fixes:
  • A bunch of warnings under PHP 8 were resolved. I've tried to be thorough but might have missed some. To the extent that my thoroughness has succeeded, this plugin is now compatible with PHP 8.
  • Bugfixes: There were a couple of issues with exporting conversations, one being that the Date Limitation option wasn't effective (all messages were always exported) and the other being that MyBBEngine was listed as a participant/sender where it shouldn't have been.
  • Bugfix: The prefix "Re: " was always shown for messages in message folders, even for the first message when it ought not to have been.
  • Bugfix: Pagination was broken on group conversation listing pages.
  • Bugfix: An SQL query was selecting non-aggregate columns in a "group by" query, which caused a database error on certain database settings.
  • Bugfix: MyBB Engine messages were not being shown.
  • Bugfix: Sometimes, some messages were mistakenly showing as unread in search results.
  • Bugfix: Attachments weren't being uploaded when the Quick Start button was clicked.
  • Bugfix: There was an SQL error in a query in the function to delete a conversation.
  • The list of group participants in the conversation compose form now auto-updates when a group is selected.
  • Allow non-group-owners to add extra participants to new group conversations even when they do not have the group "add" right.
  • Improved spammer purging.
  • Miscellaneous minor fixes and improvements.
MyConversations version 1.2.4 has just been released.

New features:
  • Adds Big Board support to the Find Orphaned Attachments admin tool.
  • Adds admin permissions for running the migration tools.
I note that when the system sends an email notification of a message added to a Conversation, there is a reply-to element such that an inadvertent email reply, rather than a conversation reply, could return contents of the message to the system admin.

I have not looked into the coding for the notifications, but it seems there should be at least a "Do not reply to this email" statement, and perhaps it can have a different sending address that is not monitored.

This is not a great problem. It has only occurred twice in my small forum.
Yep, this is just the way the MyBB my_mail() function works. It always sets the reply-to header. Even without that header though, it is still possible to accidentally reply to the email address in the "From" header. I don't know of a way to prevent this programmatically, although I have noticed that some platforms set the "From" email address to something like <[email protected]> to give a strong hint. Something like this is probably what you mean by "have a different sending address that is not monitored". And yes, that's a good idea, as well as the "Do not reply to this email" statement that you suggest. I'll add those to my TODO list for this plugin. It might be a while before I act on it though.
In the meantime, you can partially implement this yourself by editing a "Do not respond"-type message into the cnv_emailbody_newconv and cnv_emailbody_convrepl language strings in the converse.lang.php file.
I will do that. An easy enough fix that provides adequate warning.
Thanks. This is a great plugin. No regrets. Smile
Upgrading to PHP 8.0, I see this warning when managing plugins.
MyConversations 1.2.4

The reference is in function cnv_get_unmigrated_pms_sql().
Line 1711
$last_pmid = max($last_pmid, $lrs_plugins[C_CNV]['max_draft_pmid']);

which is called in function cnv_get_unmigrated_pms_count()
Line 1725
$res = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(*) AS numrows FROM ('.cnv_get_unmigrated_pms_sql().') AS q');

Warning [2] Undefined array key "max_draft_pmid" - Line: 1711 - File: inc/plugins/converse/converse-functions.php PHP 8.0.27 (Linux)
File 	Line 	Function
/inc/class_error.php 	153 	errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/converse/converse-functions.php 	1711 	errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/converse/converse-functions.php 	1725 	cnv_get_unmigrated_pms_sql
/inc/plugins/converse.php 	106 	cnv_get_unmigrated_pms_count
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 	535 	converse_info
/admin/index.php 	830 	require

I've been putting off migrating to PHP 8, but should not delay much longer.

Mr. Laird, your help is always appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5