MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BootBB calendar broken with 1.8.23?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone confirm that the calendar is displaying correctly with the 1.8.23 update - If I do a clean install of both the mentioned version and latest BootBB the calendar displays weirdly as in some of the days collapse to the left .
This is with no custom styles.
Switching to the default theme the calendar displays correctly.

I realise that the theme is not updated yet but was wondering if anyone has applied the update and checked the calendar display - or it is somehow an issue on my end.

Thanks
to make the theme compatible with MyBB 1.8.23 :
calendar related templates & some other templates need updating the codes

find updated templates :

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
(2020-07-21, 08:12 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]to make the theme compatible with MyBB 1.8.23 :
calendar related templates & some other templates need updating the codes

find updated templates :

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

Thanks for the quick response
Maybe I wasnt clear or dont understand -
On a new install not an update so the new install is version 1.8.23
and new install of bootbb I see the calendar is broken in my opinion
find updated templates only shows my what I have changed correct?
right now, BootBB theme is compatible with MyBB 1.8.22 ;
needs updating codes to suit the latest 1.8.23

however I haven't checked recent versions of BootBB.
not sure if it has better display for MyBB's Calendar

[Edit]
see also : Template diff report interpretation.

[caution]
as a responsive theme,
BootBB can consist of different set of codes in the templates.
so updating codes should be done with (utmost) care ...
I will be posting the new version of the theme tomorrow. It is ready and I am testing it on my forum now. Here is Mybb 1.8.23 with the new BootBB: https://mybb.panayot.com/calendar.php

I could not find a problem with the calendar. You can also take a look so I can fix it before submitting the new BootBB V7
@SierraKIlo can you provide testing url so that theme coders can check

by any chance, are you referring to mobile view of the calendar ?
Thank you @.m. and @panayot I have only had time to install panayots updated theme and this is working for me.
This doesn't help others if they had an issue -  maybe it was something that I did I dont know all I know is I repeated the process and had the same outcome. I am happy that the Theme developer showed that it was working with the older version so I put the error with myself.
My reason for posting was to discover if users did or didnt have a problem not to point out that I thought it had a bug.
Thank you both for your time.

(2020-07-21, 01:13 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]I will be posting the new version of the theme tomorrow. It is ready and I am testing it on my forum now. Here is Mybb 1.8.23 with the new BootBB: https://mybb.panayot.com/calendar.php

I could not find a problem with the calendar. You can also take a look so I can fix it before submitting the new BootBB V7

Thanks for contributing the theme panayot!