MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I changed my admin panel way HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to use different admin panel URL.
I changed my folder name. (/admin to /management)
Then I changed $config['admin_dir'] = 'admin'$config['admin_dir'] = 'management'; (in config.php)

But when I open template for example forumdisplay and clicked to the save button I see 403 Forbidden (Access to this resource on the server is denied!) problem.

What is the default chmod permission of admin folder? (I did it 777 but this didn't solve)
What is the solve do you know? I wanna change Admin panel way and I don't wanna see this problem.
Do other pages of the admin panel work except for the templates saving?

This seems like mod_security acting up. Have a look at https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Help-Mod-security/ regarding mod_security

Check the server logs from your web host and see if there are any mod security logs coming in.

Example of mod security error:
MyBB Documentation Wrote:[Sat Oct 8 16:33:45 2005] [error] [client 123.456.789.123] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match "rcp " at THE_REQUEST. [hostname "www.example.com"] [uri "/forum/admin/templates.php?expand=1&group=usercp"]
(2020-08-02, 11:51 AM)KevinVR Wrote: [ -> ]Do other pages of the admin panel work except for the templates saving?

This seems like mod_security acting up. Have a look at https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Help-Mod-security/ regarding mod_security

Check the server logs from your web host and see if there are any mod security logs coming in.

Example of mod security error:
MyBB Documentation Wrote:[Sat Oct 8 16:33:45 2005] [error] [client 123.456.789.123] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match "rcp " at THE_REQUEST. [hostname "www.example.com"] [uri "/forum/admin/templates.php?expand=1&group=usercp"]
  • Admin CP - Version Check

• Admin CP - Templates Manager - Cannot expand the usercp template group
I checked version there was no problem.
I can change or save usercp template. (but I can't change or save Index, search, headerinclude and other etc.)

I looked at the .htaccess and there is no problem. Is this mod_security problem? If this is mod_security problem, what should I ask my hosting provider do you know? 
Thank you.
(2020-08-02, 01:31 PM)serhatakgl Wrote: [ -> ][*]Admin CP - Version Check

[*]Admin CP - Templates Manager - Cannot expand the usercp template group

I checked version there was no problem.
I can change or save usercp template. (but I can't change or save Index, search, headerinclude and other etc.)

I looked at the .htaccess and there is no problem. Is this mod_security problem? If this is mod_security problem, what should I ask my hosting provider do you know? 
Thank you.

Do you have cPanel or others? You can see the error logs from within the control panel of your web hosting provider.

Then, trigger the error again. Look at the logs, see if there is anything related to mod_security, or any other error. That way we can make sure what the issue is.
(2020-08-02, 01:31 PM)KevinVR Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have cPanel or others? You can see the error logs from within the control panel of your web hosting provider.

Then, trigger the error again. Look at the logs, see if there is anything related to mod_security, or any other error. That way we can make sure what the issue is.

There is no mod_security log. There is just a "[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/admin/.htaccess]: Permission denied" log. (I was testing CHMOD permission. I had changed admin folder permission 700 and tested it. This hadn't worked.)
(2020-08-02, 02:49 PM)serhatakgl Wrote: [ -> ]There is no mod_security log. There is just a "[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/admin/.htaccess]: Permission denied" log. (I was testing CHMOD permission. I had changed admin folder permission 700 and tested it. This hadn't worked.)

Can you try for the admin folder CHMOD 755 and the files inside, CHMOD 644?

If that doesn't work, try temporarily renaming your .htaccess to see if there's any issue in there?

If that doesn't fix it, find a way to disable mod security on your files (either by htaccess or by a setting in your web host control panel).
(2020-08-02, 05:51 PM)KevinVR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-02, 02:49 PM)serhatakgl Wrote: [ -> ]There is no mod_security log. There is just a "[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/admin/.htaccess]: Permission denied" log. (I was testing CHMOD permission. I had changed admin folder permission 700 and tested it. This hadn't worked.)

Can you try for the admin folder CHMOD 755 and the files inside, CHMOD 644?

If that doesn't work, try temporarily renaming your .htaccess to see if there's any issue in there?

If that doesn't fix it, find a way to disable mod security on your files (either by htaccess or by a setting in your web host control panel).

I tried to change admin folder CHMOD 755 and the files insed 644 but that doesn't work. I renamed my .htaccess to "asd" then I changed it to "htaccess.txt" it didn't work.
I added like this codes:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

I looked at the error log messages on cpanel there was no log.
I still see the 403 problem. (To remind when I use /admin there is no problem, when I just use /newfoldername I see the problem)
if your new admin folder is named as "management" then try with some other name (eg. mngmnt)
(2020-08-03, 02:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if your new admin folder is named as "management" then try with some other name (eg. mngmnt)
It is still same. [attachment=43154]
Imho, you have somewhere (in the root .htaccess ? in apache configuration ?) a reference to admin/.htaccess
Find it and change the admin part into your new directory value.
Pages: 1 2