MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How much longer till GOLD is here....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
okay Sad 2 Lonnnng months Sad
Like I said its just a guess, only devs know how far it is from being released. I don't think they will give any guesses because it would back fire if they don't meet it.
yeah i know what you mean, shame nothing's happening with RC4 in the mean time to keep the MyBB users using MyBB and not PHPBB, PHPBB Pluse, PHPBB 2, FIPB, and so on.

source Wrote:yeah i know what you mean, shame nothing's happening with RC4 in the mean time to keep the MyBB users using MyBB and not PHPBB, PHPBB Pluse, PHPBB 2, FIPB, and so on.

What do you mean? People at still doing stuff for RC4. If your talking about mods there are more than one site for downloading hacks, i'm sure one of them are still coding hacks for RC4. The only reason I can seen them stopping is when Gold is released Wink.
marcgo15 Wrote:What do you mean? People at still doing stuff for RC4. If your talking about mods there are more than one site for downloading hacks, i'm sure one of them are still coding hacks for RC4. The only reason I can seen them stopping is when Gold is released Wink.

well, i wanted to stop scripting till gold arives, but couldn't help myself.
And i heard that a lot of code still works on gold without modifying to much Smile
Well, as far as I could tell you, gold is more about adding new features and bug fixes. No real over-haul on the majority of the code that it will render all mods useless.
hi, a question: will it be possibile to save user's posts and threads on the disk space instead in the database? I heard of something like that (maybe I haven't understood pretty well).
Mad_Griffith Wrote:hi, a question: will it be possibile to save user's posts and threads on the disk space instead in the database? I heard of something like that (maybe I haven't understood pretty well).

I think you're confusing the attachments with posts/threads. To my understanding there's a plan to make the attachments on the posts to be saved as files in a given directory rather than BLOBs in the database. This would mean that the database itself will potentially become smaller (depending of course how much people tend to attach files to their posts) whereas your webspace (the diskspace allocated for your site) will become smaller (not that it is an issue with most people).

cheers,
kimmo
understood.

Well, that's pretty bad for me, since I have unlimited space and only 50 mb of MySQL. Sad

And I have filled just 2 megabytes of the webspace until now (and I'm not planning to occupy lot more than that).
Mad_Griffith Wrote:understood.

Well, that's pretty bad for me, since I have unlimited space and only 50 mb of MySQL. Sad

And I have filled just 2 megabytes of the webspace until now (and I'm not planning to occupy lot more than that).

well 50MB for mySQL is still quite some posts/threads.....especially when all the attachments are in the webspace....
Pages: 1 2 3 4