MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader (1.2.2) without ftp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working with MyBB (version 1.8.24) on a local server before uploading to a live public-facing server, I tried setting up the Plugin Uploader (version 1.2.2).

Being on a local server, where I'm simply using explorer to copy files and folders over to their intended locations as stated in the readme (and in the description on the plugin's page), upon going into the admin section and hitting "install & activate" results in »link to error screenshot«.

I figure it's simply because there's no ftp connection to close on a local server.
Unfortunately the server that I'll be uploading to also won't be offering FTP... it's one of those servers where uploads are done through some built-in file uploader script, and the server owner isn't likely to make an exception for me.
So, short of selecting another server - which I won't mind doing, provided that the people who I'm setting MyBB up for won't mind either - does anyone know of a "non-ftp" fix?
(I've looked at the code of pluginuploader.php myself too, to see if I might be able to come up with something, but I haven't really made anything serious with PHP since back when it was still PHP 3, so I'd have a lot of catching up to do before I can even make a 21st-century version of "hello world" without copy-pasting somebody elses' work like some 1997 scriptkiddie...)
To be honest with you if I were you grab another computer at home format it and put your mybb site on it especially with today's home internet speeds you will be fine. Good Luck Angel
(2020-10-09, 12:22 AM)canadacommunity Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest with you if I were you grab another computer at home format it and put your mybb site on it especially with today's home internet speeds you will be fine. Good Luck Angel

The problem with your logic is that everyone doesn't have access to ULTRA high-speed internet. 

Mine is 400+ Mbps DOWNLOAD, . I could do it if I wanted to, but the downside is the UPLOAD speed is capped at 25 Mbps.
Not sure that plugin is going to work for you anyway.  Not without some changes.  See this post:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-228772...pid1353776

cheers...
(2020-10-15, 07:27 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with your logic is that everyone doesn't have access to ULTRA high-speed internet. 

Mine is 400+ Mbps DOWNLOAD, . I could do it if I wanted to, but the downside is the UPLOAD speed is capped at 25 Mbps.

True I forgot not everyone has great UPLOAD speed.