MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie Law ? Or another Cookie Pop Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

i wanna know if theres any Plugin that does these Accept Cookie stuff, like where you can choose which one or "all" but on a pop up, or like a floating style you all know which are on all sites nowadays.
Cookielaw is a biiig inserted Field in the Forum..... so, is there any Mod or another Plugin i can choose ?
or maybe some complete different, like a JAvascript from external ? (so no plugin needed ?)
does anyone know what i mean or have a solution/ Idea for that ?

greets

andy
noone have an solution for that ? :o
Hi, I use the Cookie Law plugin in my site, I simply edited the templates to make it work like a modal or prompt popup.

It is a matter of modifying the HTML.
(2020-11-02, 10:22 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I use the Cookie Law plugin in my site, I simply edited the templates to make it work like a modal or prompt popup.

It is a matter of modifying the HTML.

But your plugin modification block all cookies? 

I cant find a plugin that works well with the las cookies law modification in Europe
My modification is merely HTML modifications to the templates, the functionalities of the original (Cookie Law plugin) plugin are kept.

I wont' be sure if the plugin meets the requirements of European regulations entirely though.

Edit: I have attached a capture of the possible outcomes if you edit the templates of the plugin to look different.
(2020-11-23, 09:27 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]My modification is merely HTML modifications to the templates, the functionalities of the original (Cookie Law plugin) plugin are kept.

I wont' be sure if the plugin meets the requirements of European regulations entirely though.

Edit: I have attached a capture of the possible outcomes if you edit the templates of the plugin to look different.

I think that it is not correct. 
And the message is not all you need show, you must block the cookies. 

All forums are wrong, open source platforms or private platforms.
(2020-11-24, 12:52 PM)grafi Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it is not correct. 
And the message is not all you need show, you must block the cookies

Don't think you must block cookies, that's a rather narrow interpretation. 

But haven't made a study of the EU Cookie Law...
If some cookies are mandatory to have the site working, as identification cookie, you don't have to block them. You have to notice users that some cookies are used.

The CNIL say: "Certains cookies sont cependant dispensés du recueil de ce consentement (ceux strictement nécessaires à la fourniture d'un service expressément demandé par l'utilisateur)."
In english: "Certain cookies are however exempt from the collection of this consent (those strictly necessary for the provision of a service expressly requested by the user)."

If an user want to log in your forum, the cookie is requested by the service, or the user will never be loged in.
(2020-11-24, 04:11 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-24, 12:52 PM)grafi Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it is not correct. 
And the message is not all you need show, you must block the cookies

Don't think you must block cookies, that's a rather narrow interpretation. 

But haven't made a study of the EU Cookie Law...

The new EU law said that. One point is the user notification and the second point is that all cookes must be block (platform function cookies can be enables, but this is the only ona exception).

(2020-11-24, 04:17 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]If some cookies are mandatory to have the site working, as identification cookie, you don't have to block them. You have to notice users that some cookies are used.

The CNIL say: "Certains cookies sont cependant dispensés du recueil de ce consentement (ceux strictement nécessaires à la fourniture d'un service expressément demandé par l'utilisateur)."
In english: "Certain cookies are however exempt from the collection of this consent (those strictly necessary for the provision of a service expressly requested by the user)."

If an user want to log in your forum, the cookie is requested by the service, or the user will never be loged in.

Yes, the forum platform cookies are allowed, but you need notified.

The problem is the other cookies, that ther must be block. 3th part webs, publicity (except not personal ads), videos, analytics (except if analytics are anonymous and if is the case, could be considered as allowed), plugins, etc. The user must be confirm that the coockies can be used for him, and if not, the cookies must be blocked and if you have content in your page that need the coockies, this content can not be showed.
(2020-11-24, 12:52 PM)grafi Wrote: [ -> ]And the message is not all you need show, you must block the cookies.

Interpretation of regulations is broad, some may think that notifying the user about cookies is enough regardless of them accepting or not as long as you don't save non-essential cookies unless they actually agree.

This specific plugin seems to delete all non-essential cookies in a fresh MyBB installation if and only when the user disables them.

Quote:The problem is the other cookies, that ther must be block. 3th part webs, publicity (except not personal ads), videos, analytics (except if analytics are anonymous and if is the case, could be considered as allowed), plugins, etc. The user must be confirm that the coockies can be used for him, and if not, the cookies must be blocked and if you have content in your page that need the coockies, this content can not be showed.

Only content that requires cookies needs to be inaccessible or not rendered, you can still display content based on the absence of cookies. You probably mean this but I have to clarify in case people get confused (regulations are confusing by themselves..).

Now, as I mentioned previoulsy, the plugin seems to take care of core cookies well enough. But I agree with you that some support for third-party cookies should be added to the plugin (by adding hooks probably).

This way you or plugin authors could add support for cookies in their plugins or custom code (manual ad rendering, etc).

If you have suggestions for know cookies this plugin doesn't take care of you can suggest changes in several places, as is the Plugins Support section or the plugin repository over at GitHub.
Pages: 1 2