MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forum Team Live Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MyBB Forum Team Live Chat
->Adds Chat Window to every page of MyBB Forum.

Installation:
1. Download & Extract Zip File.
1. Copy and paste inc and jscripts folder to your forum's root directory from Upload folder.
2. Install and Activate the plugin from Admin CP.

Upgrade(1.x to 2.0):
1. Deactivate Plugin from Admin CP
2. Uninstall Plugin from Admin CP (You will loose existing chats messages, if those are important, please contact the author for the resolution).
3. Copy and paste files and folder to your forum's root directory from Upload folder and replace existing files.
4. Activate Plugin from Admin CP
5. You can remove file (/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/forumteamchat/forumteamchat_send.php) from your server.

Additional Information:
1. Use Settings from Admin CP to controll various features.
2. Modify templates under respecting theme templates group to change the look and feel.
3. CSS file is placed under inc/plugin/MybbStuff/forumteamchat/forumteamchat.css

[Image: 7Grrccf.jpg]

[Image: 62SLTWj.jpg]

[Image: vVK0Pvo.jpg]

Download:
Download from the MyBB Extend page
Good idea of plugins, but some short questions:

While having a /inc/plugins/MybbStuff/forumteamchat/forumteamchat_send.php file ? You can have it in the root of the forum.

In the file, you have:
$username = $user['username']
$username = $username;
$username = $username;
I think you forget to remove some lines Smile

And you use $_POST which is deprecated, you'd better use $mybb->input

I know it's a dev version, hope my comments will help you
Thank you. This is my first try. I just placed this to get suggestions on this. your definitely helps. I'll be improving everything in stable version in a day or two.
Thank you for this plugin snlbaral , I find it very interesting! We have been looking for something like this as a team for a long time.
I've installed it and I'm just about to just change the color so that it fits our forum.

I have a few questions about this:

1. In the file forumteamchat.php I edited line # 189 and inserted "Envoyer" instead of "Send"
<form action="" data-route="{$sendurl}" method="post" id="chatform">
 <input type="text" name="msg" autocomplete="off" required>
 <input type="submit" value="Envoyer" id="send">
</form>

It is not accepted despite the cache being emptied. What am I doing wrong?

2. Where can I change the background color of my own text entered in the chat?
How can I edit
element.style {
    background: rgb(0,132,255);
    color: #fff;
    float: right;
?

3. We would like to change the name of the chat, where can I do this?
Example: Chat of Team xxxx

4. If I click on a message, I can see very small (really very small) when this was written, it is important.
Where can I firstly change the size and secondly change the language?
Example: So instead of "minutes ago" then "Il y a xx minutes"

5. Will there be the option to delete or edit my own messages (for example if I have made a mistake)?

6. Will there be an option to clean / delete chat history?

What bothers me a little:
When I minimize the chat window and want to look at a thread in the forum, the chat window opens again. I find that annoying.
Maybe you can rework something there? That would be great :-)

We are very happy that you took the trouble to develop such a plugin at all and would like to take it over :-)
We are very excited about your update Big Grin

Greets,
blongso
(2021-01-03, 09:17 PM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this plugin snlbaral , I find it very interesting! We have been looking for something like this as a team for a long time.
I've installed it and I'm just about to just change the color so that it fits our forum.

1. In the file forumteamchat.php I edited line # 189 and inserted "Envoyer" instead of "Send"
</form>

How can I edit
element.style {
?

4. If I click on a message, I can see very small (really very small) when this was written, it is important.

5. Will there be the option to delete or edit my own messages (for example if I have made a mistake)?

When I minimize the chat window and want to look at a thread in the forum, the chat window opens again. I find that annoying.

We are very happy that you took the trouble to develop such a plugin at all and would like to take it over :-)
We are very excited about your update  Big Grin

Greets,
blongso

To answer your number 1 question (1.), by editing the PHP file you're editing the installation function, that would mean if you uploaded, uninstalled and installed plugin again, it would actually say "Envoyer". This is an atypical way of accomplishing what you want, instead follow these steps:

1. Navigate to AdminCP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Global Templates -> forumteamchat_footer

2. Replace value="Send" with value="Envoyer"

3. Save

And then it will work. The same goes for changing the team. Inside another template named forumteamchat_header you will find:
<i class="fa fa-users" aria-hidden="true"></i> xxx Team

Simply change it into what you want.

To change the "0 Minutes ago" when clicking a message, open up forumteamchat.php file like you did earlier, and find line 273 and line 275.

Change them into something like:

$sub = strtotime($currentdate)-strtotime($sentdate);
					$copmhour = floor($sub / 3600);
					if($copmhour<1) {
						$sentdate = 'Il y a '.floor($sub/60).' minutes' ;
					} else {
						$sentdate = 'Il y a '.floor($sub / 3600).' hours';
					}

The rest of the questions, only the developer can help you with answering those.

Good luck with development @op.
(2021-01-03, 09:17 PM)blongso Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this plugin snlbaral , I find it very interesting! We have been looking for something like this as a team for a long time.

</form>

How can I edit
element.style {
?

We are very excited about your update Big Grin

Greets,
blongso

@GodLess101 has accurately answer most of your queries.
Most of the changes you make to the php file, it will need you to deactivate the plugin and activate again for the changes to show. Alternatively you can edit templates in Global Templates set to see instant changes without having to do anything with the plugin.

I have already rectified the issue of chat window opening by default in my local server. I suggest you wait a day or two for a stable version to get released. It'll solve most of the issue and will have additional options such as message unsend and chat history clear. The stable version will be available as an upgrade so it will not impact the chats but will alter the css and design changes. If you could wait a day or two, it will be better and thereafter you can modify and edit stuffs accordingly with your need.

Improved all annoying stuffs in new release  Big Grin
Wow, this really is a beautiful plugin Smile
I will probably be using this plugin in the future, will be following the development of this plugin.
Thanks Big Grin
Hello snlbaral,
Is there any news in the meantime?
I have already rectified few errors and released new build, if you have any further suggestions or issues. you can ask.
Pages: 1 2 3