MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Long Page Loading Times?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been facing extremely long page loading times lately, I'm not sure what the cause may be because it was really sudden. I contacted my host about the issue and they told me it would be MyBB related and not stem from the host itself?

Would anyone be able to help me come up with the source of the problem?

I've also been running into some "500 Internal Service Error" pages quite a bit, my members have also complained about the issue.

Here's my link: https://www.doom.sx

Thanks
You don't appear to have a large forum so just those numbers alone are not going to cause that. If you haven't already, have the setting for showing advanced debug info in the footer to on. One of the things it should tell you is Server Load. Please post Server Load and then how many queries, and the page generation time.
(2021-02-20, 02:31 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You don't appear to have a large forum so just those numbers alone are not going to cause that. If you haven't already, have the setting for showing advanced debug info in the footer to on. One of the things it should tell you is Server Load. Please post Server Load and then how many queries, and the page generation time.

Generated in 407 ms (95.60% PHP / 4.40% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 28 / Server Load: 4.82 / Memory Usage: 10 MB

Is what was returned.
By any chance are you using a free host? With a forum that small, there is no way your server load should be that high.
(2021-02-20, 04:14 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]By any chance are you using a free host? With a forum that small, there is no way your server load should be that high.

I'm not, should I purchase a better plan option? Assuming it's due to the host of course.
A 100k posts forum I have access to has a server load of 0, it is a VPS.
(2021-02-20, 02:11 AM)deserts Wrote: [ -> ]I contacted my host about the issue and they told me it would be MyBB related

Ahhhh that old chestnut Big Grin

Unless you're on a VPS (which I don't expect you are) then it sounds like a classic case of oversold shared hosting. There could be hundreds of other sites on the same server using the same resources. MyBB is used on some multi-million post forums, so major performance issues would have presented themselves long ago.

How much are you paying for the hosting? If it's < $10 it's likely not going to be very good, a few hosting providers aside.
(2021-02-20, 03:01 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-20, 02:11 AM)deserts Wrote: [ -> ]I contacted my host about the issue and they told me it would be MyBB related

Ahhhh that old chestnut Big Grin

Unless you're on a VPS (which I don't expect you are) then it sounds like a classic case of oversold shared hosting. There could be hundreds of other sites on the same server using the same resources. MyBB is used on some multi-million post forums, so major performance issues would have presented themselves long ago.

How much are you paying for the hosting? If it's < $10 it's likely not going to be very good, a few hosting providers aside.

I've gone ahead and upgraded to the most expensive hosting option on my host, and yet the issue remains. They believe it is due to either my Custom Theme or an installed Plugin, but I'm really not sure that's the cause either.

It may indeed be a Plugin, I doubt it would be caused by the theme itself but even then the problem wasn't a problem when I installed any of my latest plugins so I don't understand why it would just suddenly start being really slow loads?

I'm perplexed
If this has started out of the blue it is likely that it is an issue with your hosting. You also mentioned that you have been getting 500 server errors which also suggests to me that it is an issue with your hosting if you haven't been adding any new plugins at the time they occured.

You can try to disable all plugins in the ACP and see if it improves your page load times (it may do slightly). Another option would be to take a full backup of your database and forum files and try out another hosting provider to see if you are getting the same slow page loads and sever load.
Append ?debug=1 to your URL, search for long lasting queries, share the information then.
Pages: 1 2