MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to turn off email notification for subscribe forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The email service I purchased has a limit on the number of emails sent per day. I followed this post  and successfully turned off the email notification when private message is sent.

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotify`=0

Now when user's subscribed forums have new threads, they will still receive email notifications. How to turn off the email notification for subscribe forum?

Thanks in advance! Heart

[b]WWhen private message is senthen private message is sent[/b]
UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='0'
(2021-03-23, 06:49 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='0'

Thanks for your reply. I will try now Heart
Also for individual thread subscriptions:

UPDATE mybb_threadsubscriptions SET notification=2 WHERE notification=1
(2021-03-23, 06:49 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='0'

Unfortunately it seems to just failed.

Before executing UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='0', I select mybb_users and found that the subscriptionmethod=0  of the users who received the email notification. It seems that this field does not control email notifications. 

Any other suggestions?
The field controls the email notifications triggered by "Forum Subscriptions" which you have mentioned specifically in your main post.
For Thread Subscriptions try the other query I stated.

(2021-03-23, 07:34 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The field controls the email notifications triggered by "Forum Subscriptions" which you have mentioned specifically in your main post.
For Thread Subscriptions try the other query I stated.

Yes, I just executed UPDATE mybb_threadsubscriptions SET notification=2 WHERE notification=1. 

One of the users who subscribed to the forum and received the mail notification uid is 434.

I executing SELECT * FROM mybb_threadsubscriptions WHERE uid = 434. No results are found. 

And the email notification is still not closed. I don't know what's going on Blush
If he is having Forum subscriptions you will catch him here:
SELECT * FROM mybb_forumsubscriptions WHERE uid = 434
(2021-03-23, 07:57 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]If he is having Forum subscriptions you will catch him here:
SELECT * FROM mybb_forumsubscriptions WHERE uid = 434

Yes there is a record here
Open inc/datahandlers/post.php,
go to around line 1257. Find this line:
$db->insert_query("mailqueue", $new_email);

Delete the line or comment out.

Again,
go to around line 1747. Find this line:
$db->insert_query("mailqueue", $new_email);

Delete the line or comment out.
Pages: 1 2