MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login panel clipped after upgrade to 1.8.26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a long-overdue upgrade to 1.8.26, I see that the previous login area that used to be at the top of the forum is now a popup panel at the bottom of the forum: clicking “Login” throws the page immediately to the panel at page bottom.

This works fine under MS Edge, Opera and Safari. But under the current Firefox and ol’ MS Internet Explorer, only the top line of the login panel is displayed. And the vertical scrollbar gets disappeared while the login panel is present, so there’s no possibility to scroll down further, to see the entire login panel:
[Image: LoginPanelClipped.jpg]
(this is at absolute screen bottom)

Sure, as a workaround one can enter some junk in the Username slot, hit Enter and be taken to the “invalid username/password combination” window, where one can log in. But that’s not what we want here, right?

1) Does anyone have any idea why only up-to-date Firefox (and old MSIE) is behaving like this?
2) Better yet, is there a way to force the login panel to appear above the forums, adjacent to the "Hello, guest! Login - Register" location, rather than at page bottom?
3) Or even to retain the vertical scrollbar while the login panel is present???

Thank you!
You don't mention what version you started from, but the words long overdue make me suspect it was a while ago. Toungue 

When I upgraded from 1806 last year, this helped me with a custom theme:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-213964...pid1288154

cheers...
nixer55, thank you.

That did indeed solve the login panel issue, and I now get a nice floating popup properly located.
Believe me, I searched for my problem before posting - but never saw the link you offered.

Now I get to go try to solve some of the other issues with the upgrade, such as a missing toolbar in the Post a New Reply panel.... Rolleyes

Ha! Found that solution: "Revert Templates" on this page https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mycode-editor-missing/