MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpFreeChat plugin v.1.9-beta(A) RELEASED!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
All rightey... I finally put the finishing touches on version "A" of this plugin.  If you're using another version of it now, or are considering trying it out, dump all previous revisions in favor of this one -- as soon as it's validated by the site admins here.

This plugin includes a host of updates and new features.  The best new goodies include:
  • The chat session can now be embedded into MyBB in 1 of 3 different places, with selection set in the AdminCP.  Available options include:
    • Header: [this shows on every major page] (position used in all previous plugin versions)
    • Index [shows only on the main index page]
    • Toplinks [adds a new toplink icon that opens chat in a popup window] (this is the new default due to increased board performance when chat is not embedded in the pages.)
  • Admins can allow users to "opt-out" of chat by entering either "chat=off" or "chat=no" somewhere in their Personal Notepads under their UserCPs.
  • Whole host of bug fixes and improvements!

This is by far the fastest, most flexible, and most option-packed version of the plugin to date.

Cheers!
Oh... I couldn't resist.  I also gave Admins the ability to let Users position the chat in their session of MyBB according to their personal tastes.  Smile Download the mod (http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=535) and see the Readme for more info.
PS - If you use this plugin, and give your users the ability to tweak the location of the chat, it's probably a good idea to sticky something like this in your board's general message area:

Ichibod Wrote:Here's how to control phpFreeChat's location in MyBB:

You have 4 basic options, all of which are set in your UserCP's -> Personal Notepad.  Just somewhere in that window type (quotes are unnecessary):
  • "chat=off" or "chat=no" - will disable the chat all together.  This will prevent you from logging in or hanging with us.  Think of this as the "Scrooge Command".
  • "chat=toplink" - will create a chat icon at the top of the board (beside Search, Member List, etc.) that will open the chat session in a popup window.  This is the board's default since it increases performance and does not force the user to see the chat if they don't want to.
  • "chat=header" - will embed the chat into the top of every major page you view.  This will function exactly as it used to in the past.
  • "chat=index" - will embed the chat into just the index (main) page of the site.  You'll browse away from it as soon as you leave that page.

NOTE:  You can put other crap in the Notepad if you like.  The "commands" just need to be in there somewhere to get processed.

With that said, the choice is yours... choose wisely... and feel free to choose often.
http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=535 for those looking for a fast link BTW.
Hi Ichibod!

In my "Mybb/images/toplinks".folder I just found two chat-icons (chat_icon.gif and alt_chat_icon.gif")

It would be very nice, if the idle chat-icon is displayed, when there's no one in the chat, and the animated chat-icon, when there's someone in.

I would very grateful, if you could give us a code to achieve this!

Tanguero
Tanguero,
Smile  That's precisely what I've been thinking about doing!  (I suppose great minds think alike! Wink)  Unfortunately, things have been really busy around here, so I haven't had a chance to work on it.  Moreover, I haven't exactly thought of a good (reliable) mechanism for doing it.  I have some ideas that would maybe work, but their reliability would be a little iffy.

The key challenge is that right now I don't make any calls into the phpFreeChat stuff from the main MyBB pages.  So, there isn't a nice hook there to say, "hey, is someone using you?" Moreover, I'd prefer not to do that, as making some of those calls on EVERY MyBB page refresh could be a bit painful. (The purpose in allowing users to pull the phpFreeChat session out of their pages was to increase board load speeds.) So, I have some thinking to do on this.

Anyway, I'll think on it a little and see if I can't get something put together for you and do a new, updated release.  I have a couple other ideas I'd like to explore with this as well.

Thanks for your interest.
Ichi
I have downloaded the phpFreeChat and the plugin. In the plugin "main" folder, there are 2 .jpg and 1 .db files, but it doesn't say where to put them under myBB.
There is the sub-directory for images, but nothing says where I need to put these images. Do they just go under my "home" directory??

Thank you for what looks to be a great plug-in. Gotta go try it out.
ok, I tried it and after I got everything set up, it gave me an error:
"Warning: pfc_mybb_chat(/forums/phpfreechat-1.0-beta11/src/phpfreechat.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/i/c/mickeymaam/html/forums/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 499

Fatal error: pfc_mybb_chat(): Failed opening required '/forums/phpfreechat-1.0-beta11/src/phpfreechat.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/m/i/c/mickeymaam/html/forums/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 499"
My main myBB folder is named "forums". I uploaded and chmod per the instructions that came with the plug-in. I uploaded all the plug-in and phpFreeChat files under my main folder - the phpFreeChat is in its own folder under "forums"
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
When you go into settings, you need to replace the forum address to the following:

/home/content/m/i/c/mickeymaam/html/ (make sure to add what ever directory you put the chat software)

You didn't put your chat software in the same directory as the mybb software...did you?
Hi Ichibod,

I installed Your "pfc_mybb_19-betaA" along with "phpfreechat-1.0-final". The "phpfreechat-1.0-final" I installed to a directory above the forum directory: /home/www/phpfreechat (the mybb is in /home/www/forum).
I activated the plugin and then configured the path to "/home/www/phpfreechat".

After that, when I try to access the forum main page I am seeing this error message:
Error: undefined or obsolete parameter 'max_refresh_delay', please correct or remove this parameter
Error: undefined or obsolete parameter 'width', please correct or remove this parameter

What can I do?

Regards, Hans
Pages: 1 2 3