MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Validation check on Contact Us page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can try setting up reCaptcha or hCaptcha instead of the default one, the plugin should handle any as well.
(2021-08-10, 11:55 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-10, 08:17 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Edit your ./inc/config.php and change the value for $config['database']['type'] to mysqli, it's probably set to mysql currently.

Thanks, you were right. I changed it.

And I set it back to PHP 7.4.22 again.

Now I see this on both my main site, and the admin console:

++++++++++

MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.

++++++++++

I can't find where the warnings are logged.

(2021-08-10, 08:55 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Also read the following:
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/

I'm noticing a few more issues, after the PHP 7.4 upgrade.

1) Posts made via the quick editor appear to hang. But if I open another tab and go to the main page, I see the posts have been submitted.

2) The thread titles remain bold, indicating that I haven't read all the posts in that thread. But I know I have, and I've clicked on those threads repeatedly. They don't go away, they still stay bold.

EDIT: I temporarily switched it back to 5.6. No issues with the above, anymore.

Nor any warnings shown on the main forum page.

The errors you described shouldn't have anything to do with PHP version - the first one is javascript so not PHP, and threads being read wouldn't change with PHP version. We've been running 7.4 on the community forums for a good year and a half, and haven't had these issues reported by other users. It's likely out of date plugins if anything causing errors. PHP 7.0 is also unsupported, the oldest version you should be using is 7.3.
(2021-08-12, 10:43 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-10, 11:55 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-10, 08:17 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Edit your ./inc/config.php and change the value for $config['database']['type'] to mysqli, it's probably set to mysql currently.

Thanks, you were right.  I changed it.

And I set it back to PHP 7.4.22 again.

Now I see this on both my main site, and the admin console:

++++++++++

MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.

++++++++++

I can't find where the warnings are logged.

(2021-08-10, 08:55 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Also read the following:
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/

I'm noticing a few more issues, after the PHP 7.4 upgrade.

1)  Posts made via the quick editor appear to hang.  But if I open another tab and go to the main page, I see the posts have been submitted.

2)  The thread titles remain bold, indicating that I haven't read all the posts in that thread.  But I know I have, and I've clicked on those threads repeatedly.  They don't go away, they still stay bold.

EDIT:  I temporarily switched it back to 5.6.  No issues with the above, anymore.

Nor any warnings shown on the main forum page.

The errors you described shouldn't have anything to do with PHP version - the first one is javascript so not PHP, and threads being read wouldn't change with PHP version. We've been running 7.4 on the community forums for a good year and a half, and haven't had these issues reported by other users. It's likely out of date plugins if anything causing errors. PHP 7.0 is also unsupported, the oldest version you should be using is 7.3.

How can I get more information on these errors, in case I want to try 7.4 again?

Right now, I found that if I went with 7.0, I didn't have any site issues.
We'd need to debug them when on the board is on 7.4. Like I say, we've run 7.4 here for ages and haven't had any issues, haven't had these issues reported, and these problems aren't even something that the PHP version would affect, so hard to know what you were seeing without seeing it ourselves. There's no known issues with PHP 7.4 at all and hasn't been for some time, so any issues must be something specific with your board.
Oh, I forgot you said you're on 1.8.12. You need to upgrade, 1.8.12 was released 4 and a half years ago, so your board probably isn't 7.4 compatible, as it was released 2 and a half years after you last upgraded your board. The most recent version of PHP compatible with 1.8.12 is 7.1, you're 4 and a half years out of date.
(2021-08-12, 06:54 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I forgot you said you're on 1.8.12. You need to upgrade, 1.8.12 was released 4 and a half years ago, so your board probably isn't 7.4 compatible, as it was released 2 and a half years after you last upgraded your board. The most recent version of PHP compatible with 1.8.12 is 7.1, you're 4 and a half years out of date.

Thanks. 

When I next upgrade my board, I'll also do PHP 7.4 then too.

A few quick questions on upgrading / preparing for upgrading:

1)  Is there a way to schedule a weekly database backup, to a specified directory within my site?

2)  How can I identify which template files have been modified?  From the last few times I did upgrades, I recall things looking a bit off.  I'd then have to spent some time getting them to look correct again.  I don't think I have major template changes, but things just didn't seem to be aligned correctly.

Or, is there an easier way to make sure the template looks correct after I upgrade?  Or a way to copy how it currently looks?

I did upgrades more regularly in 2016 and 2017, and each time, I think this seemed to cause some frustration.
1. Yes, this is a core feature. You can enable it at ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Weekly Backup

2. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. You can then either revert templates to default or view what's changed to manually apply if you need to keep other modifications to the template.
(2021-08-13, 11:18 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes, this is a core feature. You can enable it at ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Weekly Backup

2. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. You can then either revert templates to default or view what's changed to manually apply if you need to keep other modifications to the template.

Thanks.

Is there a feature with this weekly backup, where it keeps maybe 1 of 2 of the newest backups, and deletes anything older than that?

(2021-08-13, 11:18 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes, this is a core feature. You can enable it at ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Weekly Backup

Thanks, it looks like I only have one, automedia_head.

I don't think I would have manually changed this, any idea what I could have done to make these changes?  Was there some setting that was configured somewhere, that created these changes?
It doesn't delete older ones, you'd need to set something up for that manually.

automedia_head isn't a core template so has been added by a plugin, and we wouldn't know what would have changed it as we can't tell every action that's happened on the forum.
(2021-08-05, 08:18 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The following plugin forces the fill of CAPTCHA for posts:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-229893.html

Try the below version which adds a setting for forcing CAPTCHA in the contact page:
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Force-Pos...d3934d3270

Sorry for the bump but I keep on getting the message "This plugin requires PluginLibrary version 13 or later to be uploaded to your forum." whenever I try to activate Force Post CAPTCHA. Is this normal or is there something I missed? I've already updated PluginLibrary to version 13 so that bothers me a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3