MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong and Irrelevant Search Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2021-09-14, 09:56 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried replacing the search.php with the file in the latest distribution package?
Its possible that your search.php got corrupted or modified somehow.

Second possibility is the wrong interference of a plugin. In that case try disabling the plugins...

Yes, I replaced the search.php with the original one and nothing has changed. I also have a test board that has every plugin I have in my original board and search there works as intented. I'd love the disable all the plugins and test it but it causes so many problems and it takes hours of me to fix it, as I've changed some plugins' locations, icons etc. I'm not sure if one the plugins root of the issue and if it's the last thing I could try to fix the problem, if so, I'll try disabling the plugins that's for sure.
There is an universal option in settings called: "Disable All Plugins" that will help you disabling all plugins' effect without disabling them one by one.

The nature of the search result looks like the keyword is getting lost over submission. If you search without any keyword you will get the same result, listing all threads. But the network test tells the keyword is being passed, so its possibly the backend only.
(2021-09-14, 10:14 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]There is an universal option in settings called: "Disable All Plugins" that will help you disabling all plugins' effect without disabling them one by one.

The nature of the search result looks like the keyword is getting lost over submission. If you search without any keyword you will get the same result, listing all threads. But the network test tells the keyword is being passed, so its possibly the backend only.

You're right and yes, I'm aware of that option but had some reasons to not to use it but figured it out now and disabled all the plugins with that option. That didn't change anything either. Any other suggestion?  Sad
Verify your install files and replace any file marked as modified :
https://community.mybb.com/thread-222859...pid1328105
(2021-09-14, 07:42 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Verify your install files and replace any file marked as modified :
https://community.mybb.com/thread-222859...pid1328105

Sorry, only some .png files are marked as missing, nothing else. I tried changing almost all of my files with original 1.8.27 files a few days ago and nothing has changed.
This is very strange whats happening there. The last thing that can be thought is debugging the process to get what exact keywords is being considered to process. Looking at the result it appears that the keywords is getting removed somehow and being treated as no input. But for that core file access is required; which we can't ask.

Also, a rare chance; but try purging your searchlog table data.
(2021-09-15, 09:07 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This is very strange whats happening there. The last thing that can be thought is debugging the process to get what exact keywords is being considered to process. Looking at the result it appears that the keywords is getting removed somehow and being treated as no input. But for that core file access is required; which we can't ask.

Also, a rare chance; but try purging your searchlog table data.

Purging searchlog table data didn't help either. It indeed is weird. If you are willing to take a closer look (or anyone in the MyBB team), I'd happily grant you all the access necessary.
I can take a look with FTP access if you like.
Under ACP > Configuration > Search System, the Minimum Search Word Length setting appears to be set to 15. It's 0 by default, but means it's stripping out any search terms shorter than 15 characters. This is why it's then returning everything.

Also, I'm not sure how this has happened, but the ACP has the logo and design from 1.4/1.6... is this intentional somehow?
(2021-09-15, 11:24 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Under ACP > Configuration > Search System, the Minimum Search Word Length setting appears to be set to 15. It's 0 by default, but means it's stripping out any search terms shorter than 15 characters. This is why it's then returning everything.

Also, I'm not sure how this has happened, but the ACP has the logo and design from 1.4/1.6... is this intentional somehow?

It's definetely not intentional. It has probably something to do with one of my older problems, which I explained and kinda "fixed" in this topic. What would you recommend now? Should I backup my theme and threads and install MyBB from scratch? Which is okay to me because it feels like these problems won't be the last but it was already a fresh install, what will make a difference now, I don't really know.
Pages: 1 2 3