MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Roundo (FREE) - A New Modern Look for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: roundo-logo.png]
(IN DEVELOPMENT)

I've been complimented a lot on my work for Sharree and I feel I haven't done my part to contribute to the MyBB community. I've had a ton of free time lately so I decided to work on releasing a free MyBB theme for the community. I feel that the free themes offered look a little dated as modern web design has moved into a more minimalist direction. I'll be creating a modern light theme that'll remove clutter and give a simpler forum experience. You can follow the development of Roundo this thread.

I will keep updating this thread with progress and shots.

DEMO IS NOW LIVE!
https://bitoony.com

October 21, 2021
Responsive Progress (Mobile Friendly)
Progress is going pretty good with making the theme responsive. Pretty much all pages are responsive now. I just need to figure out how to work the tcats, trow, td, tr, table elements so they don't look messy in mobile view.

Mobile Demo 1:
[Image: 456acc4fd984d28c4b6791a21236f666.gif]

Mobile Demo 2:
https://i.gyazo.com/937c2f12d24a8622ebb9...136109.gif

October 21, 2021
Updated Profile Design
[Image: 9ae2bf3d8f1dea5637b113cfdd42690f.png]
Didn't really like the profile design that I posted earlier. I've reworked the styling and moved things around. I'm liking this a lot more. The only thing I wish is to pull users posts without the use of a plugin.

October 20, 2021
Guest View
[Image: 39cf5735977b1ee27f17b2b4c9ed6f47.png]
This is the guest view. Login and Registration buttons in the top header linking to the login and registration pages shown below in this thread. A welcome message appears on the index only to guests, this was achieved without a plugin by adding a style change script in the header_welcomeblock_guest template. If you're a guest the welcome message will be visible, if you're not a guest it'll be hidden. Instructions on how to change the text in the welcome message is provided.

October 20, 2021
Login Page
[Image: aef689cf3e4d5f16583f165cd60d398f.png]
Same style as the registration page just with Login fields.

October 20, 2021
Small Styling Change
[Image: 61b8dd1f6c3a6e0a1fdf273804cba522.png]
Changed the styling of text boxes, select, and text areas to be rounded and borderless. Continues the consistency of round shapes in this theme. Inspiration comes from Facebooks recent redesign.

October 18, 2021
Registration Page
[Image: dc80158800c34dc6dabd3ae58f7feb32.png]
I feel like MyBB's default registration page has too many sections, checkboxes, and drop downs. It's hard enough converting a guest into a user. I cut it down to the essential account details (username, password, and email). Everything else is wrapped in a display: none div. There's a toggle "Account Settings (Optional)" that'll display all the account settings if a guest wants to access them.

October 18, 2021
Small Styling Changes
[Image: 0ce650205693c6a50aa79a6f96ffb49f.png]
Use of gradient for large buttons as seen in the side bar. Pagination buttons are larger. Added in the navigation bar.

October 18, 2021
Memberlist
[Image: screencapture-localhost-memberlist-php-2...-41-00.png]
Grid style. Each user has their own card with clickable stat boxes for posts, threads, and reputation. I added a blurred background of the user's avatar to each card so every user's card looks different/unique. Let me know what you guys think of it. Moving on to working on the Registration page, will post that soon.

October 15, 2021
Private Messages
[Image: f2a33976db3e90994c012efc6c129ee4.png]
Moved things around in the private message template. Gave it the look of a messenger app. Your messages are in the sidebar, when selecting one it appears in the main box.

October 14, 2021 Night
Member Profile
[Image: screencapture-localhost-member-php-2021-...-56-25.png]
Left sidebar contains main information. Stats appear in sidebar, each stat is stylized in its own box. I used Jquery to pull reputation comments from the user's reputation page. Kept the tab elements that comes with Flatty. Since there isn't cover art in MyBB, the background is a blurred gradient. Another option is using the user's avatar as the background, enlarging and blurring it. This way every profile will look unique.

October 14, 2021 Night
Postbit & Showthread
[Image: screencapture-localhost-showthread-php-2...-57-28.png]
Postbits look like speech bubbles, no background parent div so each postbit looks separate. Avatar appears outside of the post container. Quick reply template edited, no thead, avatar placed where option check boxes should be, check boxes are now one line under the textarea. Thread information is enlarged and centered at the top.

October 14, 2021
Forumdisplay
[Image: screencapture-localhost-forumdisplay-php...-09-15.png]
For _threads the removal of several rows and displaying all thread information as one sentence under the thread title. Number of replies appear on the right. Subforums and post thread appear on the left sidebar. All your forums/categories that appear on the index will appear on the forumdisplay page, making it easy to select and browse different forums.

October 13, 2021
Index
[Image: index.jpg]

This is the index page. I've completely dumbed down the forumbit template. As you can see the forumbit (categories) is inspired by Flarum. A side container containing all categories and forums with status icons for new posts. I am using jquery to grab newest threads from the portal to display on the index. You can modify how many threads are shown on the index by editing the Portal Settings in your configuration.

*No additional plugins are required to use this theme

Style Choices

I've gone for a light theme, mainly whites and 1 accent color of royal blue. Containers are borderless and use drop shadows. Containers have a noticable rounded border radius, buttons have a rounded border radius, avatars also have a rounded border radius. A round sans-serif font is used in header (h1, h2, h3) styling. Round shapes will be consistently used in the theme hence the name Roundo.

Credit: This theme is using Flatty as the base and I'm building on top of it.
Really nice stuff. I like it a lot. Will be interested to see where you take this.
looks. so amazing..... I am waiting for this..... 🤗
(2021-10-13, 07:34 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice stuff. I like it a lot. Will be interested to see where you take this.

(2021-10-14, 03:00 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]looks. so amazing..... I am waiting for this..... 🤗

Thank you. I've updated the main post with a screen shot of the Forumdisplay if you want to check that out.
(2021-10-14, 05:20 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-13, 07:34 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice stuff. I like it a lot. Will be interested to see where you take this.

(2021-10-14, 03:00 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]looks. so amazing..... I am waiting for this..... 🤗

Thank you. I've updated the main post with a screen shot of the Forumdisplay if you want to check that out.

It looks totally awesome.... hmmm 🤔 in threadlist where is views list ?
Nice work Sharee.
nice work Cool Heart
This looks terrific. For instance, you got me with the "dumbing down the forumbit template", I might scrap the forum index in my own theme and implement this instead ("sidebar categories").

I will look forward to your project Smile
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I've updated the OP with screenshots of showthread and member profile.

I've updated OP with shots of Private Messages. Wanted to give it the look of a messenger app. Think it looks nice, lmk.
No words. Looks very modern :claps
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5