MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts are missing after the upgrade to 1.8.28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Capture.png]

I checked the files through 'ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification'. But no file is missing.

It has happened in live site. So, I am seriously worried.

One thing I would like to add is that. Not all posts are missing but some of them are.
I think it was just the post contents were not displayed, maybe because of some buggy parsing results.

As of MyBB 1.8.28, the Parser Validation is enforced to not display incorrectly parsed post/message contents which may have vulnerabilities.
Please read the blog entry 1.8’s CAPTCHA Bug, Parser Validation, and PHP Compatibility > Parser Output Validation for more information and the documentation https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#pa...ion-failed for further assistance.
Ok, how to resolve this?

What do you propose??
Try change theme to Default from footer meniu, an say what's happening
Default theme can only be applied via ACP. Not through footer menu.

And tried changing to default theme. But the problem remained.
Try the Parser Validation Debug tool: https://github.com/dvz/mybb-tools/raw/ma...-debug.php

That will at least give you an idea of what the problematic output is. Maybe from there, we could identify what its source is.
It is saying "You must be logged in as a Super Administrator to use this feature."
OK. So, either log in as Super Administrator or simply past your error.log entries into the provided text box.
I am sorry Laird I didn't understand. I am already logged in as super Admin.

And what error.log entries needs to put in that box?
(2021-10-29, 12:18 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry Laird I didn't understand. I am already logged in as super Admin.

That's odd. Are you sure that your user ID appears in the comma-separated list to the right of $config['super_admins'] = in inc/config.php?

(2021-10-29, 12:18 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]And what error.log entries needs to put in that box?

You can copy the whole file in there. The tool will extract parser validation errors.
Pages: 1 2 3