MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto logs me out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello...

once I login and go to a thread, when I go back to the main page it logs me out and forces me to log back in..
Can someone please explain why it does this?
What's your URL? It's likely your cookie settings are incorrect.
(2021-11-03, 12:38 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]What's your URL? It's likely your cookie settings are incorrect.

thepatriotsledgehammer.com. yes you will have to place the (.) at the end for some reason.
You've got your cookie prefix set to "/" for some reason - edit ./inc/settings.php, find:

$settings['cookieprefix'] = "/";

change to:

$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

You should then be able to log in.

Then go to ACP > Configuration > Site Details, clear out the Cookie Prefix value, and save.
Also not sure what you mean about having the (.) at the end, visiting thepatriotsledgehammer.com works fine for me.
(2021-11-03, 01:19 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Also not sure what you mean about having the (.) at the end, visiting thepatriotsledgehammer.com works fine for me.

I had to start all over and now it is back to the same thing.... when you go into the forum. then to the thread and click on the breadcrumb to head back to the board index. the lower left of the browser pops up and says "thepatriotsledgehammer.com."
Not sure why you had to start again, it was only this setting that looked incorrect. I'm now getting this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/customer/www/thepatriotsledgehammer.com/public_html/index.php on line 13
(2021-11-03, 06:33 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why you had to start again, it was only this setting that looked incorrect. I'm now getting this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/customer/www/thepatriotsledgehammer.com/public_html/index.php on line 13

yeah and there is no '}' on line 13 at all.... event tried redoing things from the original zipfile...lol... I can get into the admin but not the forum anymore...

(2021-11-03, 06:33 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why you had to start again, it was only this setting that looked incorrect. I'm now getting this:

You must have uploaded a file from somewhere else, this is just a standard PHP parse error so I don't know what's in this file if it's not what it should be.
It seems like your hosting is set up to have two different file systems.

https://thepatriotsledgehammer.com/ - errors
https://www.thepatriotsledgehammer.com/ - works

No idea how your hosting is set up, but is very strange for the www and non-www versions of a domain to serve different files.
Pages: 1 2