MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backups are very small and I can't do them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
WTF!? How can someone expect support without providing detailed information - even without answering questions?

[ETS]

PS. Did you ever make a backup via MyBB-onboard option in ACP - and whats the result?
So let me clarify again.

When I go to my acp - > Database Backups -> Backups -> New Backup I do this :

[attachment=44759]

AND THEN :

[attachment=44760]

I think there is for sure a server-side error or problem with PHP or MYSQL but I don't know what exactly...
If they're small even from phpMyAdmin, then you'll need to ask your host. Maybe your database user hasn't got correct permissions or something.
(2021-12-26, 01:22 PM)Noter33 Wrote: [ -> ]So let me clarify again.

When I go to my acp - > Database Backups -> Backups -> New Backup I do this :

AND THEN :

I think there is for sure a server-side error or problem with PHP or MYSQL but I don't know what exactly...

The MyBB Backups System its OK.  forget the size of the backup... What other database are you comparing it to?

in my backups I have files of more than 60 mgs and other files of 4 megas with the same database and they have the same data, nothing has been lost.

[Image: backup-mybb.jpg]

06-23-2021----> File Size = 43.94 MB
06-27-2021----> File Size = 5.57 MB  ---> 4 days later and the two dabatase files with database are the same.  nothing has been lost.

MyBB Backups System its OK. 
Since you are using the AdminCP to make your backup, if it's a MyBB error, it will show up in error logging, if enabled.
Check the status tab in phpMyAdmin and review the All Status Variables list. There may be a clue there. MySQL behavior is dependent on server resources. You described changes over a short period of time, rather than a sudden change.

Did you make any changes to the forum configuration during that time? Like plugins, themes, forum updates?
Can you do the following, otherwise we're going to go round in circles with this I think as I'm not sure there even is an issue.

1. Take a backup
2. Create a new database
3. Import the backup to that new database
4. Look at what's imported. Are all tables there? Is all data there? If not, then provide specific information on what isn't there

As others have said, the MyBB backup system works (and hasn't been changed for years), but if you're getting the same file size from phpMyAdmin, it suggests either there's no issue at all, or there's something wrong with your MySQL server in some way (though I cna't think that it would even be).
(2021-12-26, 02:40 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do the following, otherwise we're going to go round in circles with this I think as I'm not sure there even is an issue.

1. Take a backup
2. Create a new database
3. Import the backup to that new database
4. Look at what's imported. Are all tables there? Is all data there? If not, then provide specific information on what isn't there

As others have said, the MyBB backup system works (and hasn't been changed for years), but if you're getting the same file size from phpMyAdmin, it suggests either there's no issue at all, or there's something wrong with your MySQL server in some way (though I cna't think that it would even be).

So I did what you said and no , not all the tables aree there and the datas are missing...

(2021-12-26, 01:40 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are using the AdminCP to make your backup, if it's a MyBB error, it will show up in error logging, if enabled.
Check the status tab in phpMyAdmin and review the All Status Variables list. There may be a clue there. MySQL behavior is dependent on server resources. You described changes over a short period of time, rather than a sudden change.

Did you make any changes to the forum configuration during that time? Like plugins, themes, forum updates?

Sure I did updates and plugin changes but I even tried to do the backup with plugins disabled but it didn't work out ...

And the strangest thing here is that in phpmyadmin the exported result is having 9 mb and on mybb smaller
Okay, but which tables, which data. We can't suggest anything with such vague descriptions.

Comparing the size between MyBB and phpMyAdmin is pointless anyway because they export the data and write the export file in different ways.

If it's easier, PM me admin login details and I'll take an export and see what is and isn't in it myself.
Now I did a dump with mysqldump and again , I get the same size and the database is corrupted ( I mean the db is not having the normal contents that it got in the 37 mb dump ) I mean I even opened them too side-by-side and I saw there are only 20000 lines in the 9mb database and 78k in the 37 mb one .. There is for sure a server side problem with mariadb or mysql
Again, that’s not a good way to compare them. If one export does bulk inserts and one has a query per row, the number of lines and sizes of the files will be totally different. We still have no idea which tables and which data isn’t there because you’re not answering our questions.
Pages: 1 2 3