MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rep button not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, I can't get the REP button to work, here is the code from style-templates&action=edit_template&title=postbit_rep_button

<a href="javascript:MyBB.reputation({$post['uid']},{$post['pid']});" title="{$lang->postbit_reputation_add}" class="postbit_reputation_add"><i class="fa fa-plus"></i> <span>{$lang->postbit_button_reputation_add}</span></a>

Any Ideas?

Regards
Can we have a URL and a test account? Check the browser developer console for errors, this is usually caused by javascript errors.
(2022-01-13, 07:49 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have a URL and a test account? Check the browser developer console for errors, this is usually caused by javascript errors.

Forum: Forum (cewl.selfip.com)

User: Test

Thanks
I've replied with account details but it just disappears.. hope you got it?
Everything works on Standard Theme, it's when in "Purple Theme" things don't work, eg mod tools also

Thanks
Up... anyone?
You have this console error:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).error is not a function

It is from this code in templates:

<script>
$(function(){
$(".avatar").error(function () {
  $(this).unbind("error").attr("src", "http://cewl.selfip.com/forum/images/default_avatar.png");
});
});
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
	$(".author_avatar img").error(function () {
		$(this).unbind("error").closest('.author_avatar').remove();
	});
</script>

This won't work in current versions of jQuery so will need to be removed. The theme author needs to update the theme.
(2022-01-15, 12:12 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You have this console error:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).error is not a function

It is from this code in templates:

<script>
$(function(){
$(".avatar").error(function () {
  $(this).unbind("error").attr("src", "http://cewl.selfip.com/forum/images/default_avatar.png");
});
});
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
	$(".author_avatar img").error(function () {
		$(this).unbind("error").closest('.author_avatar').remove();
	});
</script>

This won't work in current versions of jQuery so will need to be removed. The theme author needs to update the theme.

Thanks, how do I do that? sorry I'm new to this

Regards

Up... anyone can help?
Up, can someone help?

thanks
Looks like you've installed a new theme and it works now. It's likely the old theme was just very outdated.
(2022-01-17, 11:00 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you've installed a new theme and it works now. It's likely the old theme was just very outdated.

I modified the Default theme, but the purple theme still isn't working,
it's the purple theme I'm trying to fix

Thanks
Pages: 1 2