MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments Not Uploading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon!

I just started getting into this today so forgive me for being extremely inexperienced.

My forum is this: https://www.dinosaurpiracy.com/  basically just for my gaming friends.

It's hosted via BlueHost and running MyBB 1.8.29

Unfortunately nobody can attach any images to posts. Not new or replies. Links from hosting places like imgur.com work fine still.

I tried de-activating all plugins and we still can't attach pictures, even me as the admin.

Here's what happens:
  • When I make a new post or reply to an existing post, I see: "New Attachment:  [browse...]   no file selected." button underneath the post field
  • I click the  [browse...]  button and navigate to a smallish .jpg or .png on my local computer and select it
  • The button underneath changes into "New Attachment:   [browse...]    cat_picture.png   [Add Attachment]"
  • Clicking  [Add Attachment]  refreshes the whole web page and I'm back to square one again.

I was using a few plugins but the problem persists even while they're not active. They are: View Unread Posts, Last Poster Avatar, Emerald Extended, and Image Auto-Resizer

I also downloaded the Theme "Emerald" by AmazOuz and made some minor changes to stuff by commenting out links I don't want, like extra Help or social media links for example.

I've searched and found other forums with users being unable to upload Attachments, but they're all several years old and many are un-answered.

What can I do? Thank you very much!
Not sure of that theme, but your description suggests it's not up to date with changes to the MyBB attachment templates.  Mentioned this in another thread:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-234512...pid1373853

I would test this theory by using the default theme and seeing if attachments work.  May be a matter of reverting templates, but don't really know for sure.  Looked at that theme quite a long time ago, but haven't tried it since the attachment system was changed.
What you have to do is just update the ungrouped_template and codebuttons_template and reset these templates
post_attachments_attachment
post_attachments_new
post_javascript
usercp_attachments