MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Export from Mybb to Mybb ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've screwed up my Default theme and templates.  Just a little.  But it now will not upgrade very well.
So. . .questions:  
1) Can I export the Mybb database and then import the database into a new fresh install of Mybb?
2) Will it preserve the forums and users?
Can't you just revert the templates ?
I think that export/import will preserve everything, including your theme.
Everything is stored in the database so exporting it and importing it again would give you the same site you have now.

You can just delete the template set, create a new one and assign that to the theme, the master templates will then be used.
ALL the templates would need to be reverted.  Is that okay?

My original thought was to install a fresh copy of Mybb so that I would have an un-damaged copy of default templates and themes.
The master theme is already there, when you make changes to a template it creates a new template with the changes, the master copy is untouched. So you just need to create a new template set and you'll have fresh templates. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Add Set.
Okay, I followed this advice: ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Add Set and created a new Template named: New_Master

Next, I went to ACP > Themes > Create New Theme and named it EagleCap2022 and for "Theme Properties" used MyBB Master Style

Finally, under ACP > Themes >  EagleCap2022 > Edit Theme Properties I have set "MyBB Master Style" as Parent Theme
and set "Template Set" to the newly created New_Master

A problem remains in that when a user is posting - the Attachments window is not shown.
Any ideas as to how to fix?
We'll need your URL and a test account at this point, doing the above would have created a completely stock theme, so if something still isn't showing, either you haven't upgraded properly or something else is conflicting.
(2022-03-09, 04:00 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]We'll need your URL and a test account at this point, doing the above would have created a completely stock theme, so if something still isn't showing, either you haven't upgraded properly or something else is conflicting.

Can I send you a PM with the credentials?
Sure
(2022-03-10, 03:02 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sure

Sent yesterday  Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2