MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accidently Deleted inc Folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any way to fix it ? After adding inc folder from mybb zip file. It didnt worked for me. Its not showing the theme or forums I have created nor users who joined.
You'll need to re-set your config details in /inc/config.php, you can get an example copy here: https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/inc-config/

Edit in your database details and it will connect to the database again.
(2022-04-13, 02:12 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to re-set your config details in /inc/config.php, you can get an example copy here: https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/inc-config/

Edit in your database details and it will connect to the database again.

Well the config details is re-set as old same config. But its not showing the forums nor users.

Can you give me your contact to fix it.
Does it just show an empty forum? Or an error? If it’s showing an empty forum then it sounds like you’ve reinstalled the forum. Can send cPanel details if you like but not sure what you’ve actually done if it’s showing an empty forum.
(2022-04-13, 09:11 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Does it just show an empty forum? Or an error? If it’s showing an empty forum then it sounds like you’ve reinstalled the forum. Can send cPanel details if you like but not sure what you’ve actually done if it’s showing an empty forum.

Nope just incl folder is deleted mistakenly and I have re-input that folder through mybb.zip file . Other than that all files are old you can see the date . Check your inbox for cpanel details.
So I'm not really sure what you've done, but your database has nothing in it, it's just a clean install. There's no threads or posts, and there's only 2 users, the first of which was registered 8 and a half hours ago. Did you go to /install/index.php and reinstall the entire forum at any point?
(2022-04-13, 09:25 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm not really sure what you've done, but your database has nothing in it, it's just a clean install. There's no threads or posts, and there's only 2 users, the first of which was registered 8 and a half hours ago. Did you go to /install/index.php and reinstall the entire forum at any point?

I think yes that does happened. I thought it will make forum back ?
No, if you run the install script it creates a clean database. It does warn about this during the install process. If you had deleted files, then you only needed to re-upload the files, the data isn't stored in the files.
(2022-04-13, 09:30 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]No, if you run the install script it creates a clean database. It does warn about this during the install process. If you had deleted files, then you only needed to re-upload the files, the data isn't stored in the files.

But the database is still old as you can see the folder inc is of 08-March and only updated 2 files which are config.php and settings.php.

(2022-04-13, 09:30 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]No, if you run the install script it creates a clean database. It does warn about this during the install process. If you had deleted files, then you only needed to re-upload the files, the data isn't stored in the files.

Is there anyway to fix it ?
The inc folder is not the database though. The database is a MySQL database. If you run through the install script using a database that already has data in it, it deletes the tables and inserted fresh data to it.

You would have seen this message:

[Image: qaWEIJj.png]

It says "This option will delete any existing forum you may have set up and install a fresh version of MyBB" - it also then has this confirmation alert:

[Image: s4l3uYQ.png]

Did you run through the install process and see these messages?
Pages: 1 2 3