MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: after installing merge software got this error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi, i installed the merge software with some help and clicked on the first stage, realized i need some questions asked so stopped.....now i get this when i try to log in to admin cp

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list'Query:SELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mybb_users WHERE username='sly' LIMIT 1
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
it wont let me paste the text so have added screen shot [attachment=45091]

also, this may be obvious to the more experienced bu the the first stage i get to ask me what modules i want to run but i havent had to put in any details about the database i am wanting to merge ....is that correct?
You probably won't be able to use the ACP once a merge is half in progress. You get the prompt for database details after selecting the initial modules.
so i have completed through and i selected no modules and downloaded the report and no faults and its finished... so how do i get back in? im at a bit of a loss
I'm a bit lost on what you're trying to do. Are you saying you want to abort the merge process for the time being and do something else on the forum first?
Delete inc/plugins/loginconvert.php, it's currently enabled and trying to use merge columns even though you haven't run the merge. You'll need to put this file back whenever you do want to run it.
i ran the merge through to the end, do i still have to remove it?

and if i want to run the merge again do i have to compleatly upload it again?
I thought you didn't select any modules - if you ran it but you didn't select any modules then it's not actually done anything yet. The problem you have is that the login convert plugin is active, but because you haven't run any modules, it hasn't actually done anything, so the login convert plugin isn't working.

You don't need to upload the whole thing again, but that plugin will need to be replaced when you run the merge.
ok, thanks Matt, i have removed it and it works as it did....can you please explain in idiot terms how i re instore that plugin?
The loginconvert.php file is in the merge download, you would just need to upload this back to inc/plugins.php before running the merge again.
when i go to www.myforum.com/mege everything still appears to be there and ready to go, i havent re installed anything , i have removed the plugin as instructed and the site does work.

www.lexus-world.com

(2022-04-29, 03:40 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The loginconvert.php file is in the merge download, you would just need to upload this back to inc/plugins.php before running the merge again.

this will sound real simple, but how do i do that? is there a beginners step by step guide to how to upload things into the right place. i know this is real basic stuff but for a first timer these basics are the stepping stones to every thing.
so, is there a dead simple set of (idiot proof) instructions as to how i would upload this file back to the right place and the best way to actually caeey out the upload and what path i should send it to?
do i use filezilla? and if i do how do i get it in the right place

i know these are basics but for a beginner the basics are what is needed  

thanks for reading
Pages: 1 2