MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inquiries regarding translation completion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello there I searched for months for a way to translate the features, and unfortunately, I did not find any way to translate through the PHP file, but the way I was able to reach it is the translation through the database through tables mybb_settings and mybb_settinggroups but if you change the language to English for example, the language of the properties remains In the language that was translated through the database and does not return to English, is there any way for the correct translation?
Have you seen this guide? It's outdated but translating settings still works the same.
(2008-07-29, 07:51 PM)Tochjo Wrote: [ -> ]The strings for the Board Settings page in the Admin CP are not found in the language files. You can translate them, though. Simply copy the strings in the next post and paste them in inc/languages/newlang/admin/config_settings.lang.php after the last string and before the ?>.
Welcome, and thank you for the reply and follow up
Yes, I followed the topic and everything is fine, but there is one thing that has not been translated and the settings of all the internal menus are like Board Online / Offline And the Site Details And the General Configuration And the Server and Optimization Options And the Date and Time Formats etc etc etc etc etc etc
Please read the quote again carefully. The language string can be found in the second post of that guide. They are outdated but it still works exactly the same.
Thank you again
I've read it over and over for sure there's something wrong that I can't get to
Look my friend, what am I doing?
You have created a file named config_settinggroups.lang And I put inside it the code found in the second post I uploaded the file to the following extension inc\languages\newlang\admin/config_settinggroups.lang Knowing that I also uploaded the file to the main folder of the language with the extension inc\languages\english\admin/config_settinggroups.lang and I started translating, but unfortunately when I returned to the control panel, no letter of any translation changed.
I hope to be accurate if there are mistakes in my work. With many thanks
(2008-07-29, 07:51 PM)Tochjo Wrote: [ -> ]inc/languages/newlang/admin/config_settings.lang.php
(2022-06-11, 04:41 PM)siry Wrote: [ -> ]inc\languages\newlang\admin/config_settinggroups.lang
You are not editing the right file.
(2022-06-11, 07:01 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-29, 07:51 PM)Tochjo Wrote: [ -> ]inc/languages/newlang/admin/config_settings.lang.php
(2022-06-11, 04:41 PM)siry Wrote: [ -> ]inc\languages\newlang\admin/config_settinggroups.lang
You are not editing the right file.

I'm really, really, really, really sorry I didn't understand the right topic, it worked for me when I put the translations in the same file config_settings.lang.php