MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: set up email notifications pm and fourm and threads smtp sendinblue.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello can I get a how to guide on setting up the email notifications to make this process faster. I have already set up mail settings in borad settings page. The contact us email sends, but I just found out I have to do something extra to set up the more imporatn imporant notifications. smtp is all set up. Can't use other one 'cause of canel c panel on host which doesnt allow anything except remot remote smtp.
I'm not sure what you're referring to about setting anything extra up, if the SMTP details are configured these will be used for all emails the forum sends.
I think I need to add  those email templates though for pm, and  threads. The only email template is the contact us one. Like the plugin email admin and how in the board settingso fthe said plugin you set up the email code to have it sent to mail box of said email adress.

I think that's why the smpt isn't sending anything, 'cause there's no temlate  template code for it. I looked all over my fourm acp, and host file manager to see how to add the code to activate pm, and thread notifications, but the only thing I found is the contact us page email stuff which is the only thing that is sent successfully.

all free hosting  has disabled c panel's email for php only allowing remote smtp. I have sendin blue as my smtp host.
I'm not really sure where you're getting this information from but the email content is just from language strings. Everything to send emails is already part of MyBB without you needing to add anything extra to enable them. You don't need to "activate" each type of email that gets sent by setting templates or code anywhere.

If emails for PM and thread notifications, but SMTP works for the contact form, then the emails probably just aren't being triggered. Check your user CP options are set to receive emails for PMs, and that you're subscribed to thread replies by email. Bear in mind sending yourself a PM or replying to your own thread won't send anything if that's how you're testing it.
They are... Everything is checked for the boxes, and nothing is going through.... I've tested the pms already over, and over, over. Nothing is going through for pms, or threads..
Do you see any errors in the MyBB system mail log? Or can you see them being sent in Sendinblue?
all I saw in mail function - smtp folders
is the normal codes. some as marked false, no errors that I can tell of in the floods and floods of code.

what template in the acp settings should I look in.
Again, you do not need to look in any template. Templates are nothing to do with this. I'm not sure what you mean by floods and floods of code either.

Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System Email Log. Do you see any errors here?
It shows as no errors after another test which failed to send.
Post your URL and I'll see if I get them. If you're not seeing anything in the Sendinblue logs, it's likely that it's just not configured correctly.
Pages: 1 2 3