MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded, archive mode is all I can now function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Upgraded from 1.8.30 to 1.8.33.  Install Script run and completed.  Fixed one file address to regain function in general forum.  Unable to set to online (can change input but forum remains off line even with check box enabled)

NO full population of the forum.  Plugins are disabled and checked to be up to date. 

List of changed files:  

jscripts/sceditor/themes/mybb.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/themes/content/default.min.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/themes/defaultdark.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/formats/xhtml.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/formats/bbcode.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.xhtml.min.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/icons/material.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/icons/monocons.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/plugins/undo.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/plugins/format.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.office.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.default.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.modern.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.office-toolbar.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.square.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.mybb.css Changed
jscripts/sceditor/sceditor.min.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.min.js Changed
jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js Changed
jscripts/post.js Changed
global.php Changed
index.php Changed
admin/styles/default/style.php

Error log:

[14-Feb-2023 16:50:43 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '$config' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/patriota/public_html/inc/config.php on line 93
[14-Feb-2023 16:51:11 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected 'log_pruning' (T_STRING) in /home/patriota/public_html/inc/config.php on line 104
[16-Feb-2023 17:37:28 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(.public_html/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/patriota/public_html/index.php on line 14
[16-Feb-2023 17:37:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '.public_html/global.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home/patriota/public_html/index.php on line 14
[16-Feb-2023 17:37:49 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(.public_html/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/patriota/public_html/index.php on line 14
[16-Feb-2023 17:37:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '.public_html/global.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home/patriota/public_html/index.php on line 14

Corrected file path on line 14.  which brought the forum back on line from the admin CP.  When i go in to view the site it defaults to archive mode. 

Not sure where to go from here.  First time doing this.  Upgrade went well until I tried to bring it back to life.  No error codes in the MY BB prompts when upgrading.

Can someone please help me?

Bill
I'm not sure what you mean by defaults to archive mode? Does it actually redirect to the /archive URL? This isn't something that happens by default.

I'm not sure why your config.php file would have had any changes, and it seems like not all the files uploaded properly as it said global.php didn't exist and it's listed in the changed files there. Re-upload the full package of files again.
Also when you say "NO full population of the forum", do you mean the forum has no content? Did you run the upgrade script or the install script?
Each time I try to select the HTML version it reverts back to archive. 

will retrace my steps and verify full packg upload.
Can you post the URL? I'm still not entirely sure what you mean. It sounds like maybe there's no CSS, but this isn't the archive mode.
(2023-02-16, 07:10 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Also when you say "NO full population of the forum", do you mean the forum has no content? Did you run the upgrade script or the install script?

All of the content is present.. Ran the upgrade script.. dont want to start over...

(2023-02-16, 07:12 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the URL? I'm still not entirely sure what you mean. It sounds like maybe there's no CSS, but this isn't the archive mode.

It just repopulates the forum address..   Patriot Action

https://www.patriotaction.us/index.php

[attachment=45788]

Any time I select the full view it reverts.
It looks like something has got mixed up with the file upload. Make sure index.php, global.php, archive/index.php and archive/global.php are uploaded from the correct places in the files package. It looks like you've uploaded either index.php or global.php from inside /archive to the web root or something.
(2023-02-16, 07:23 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like something has got mixed up with the file upload. Make sure index.php, global.php, archive/index.php and archive/global.php are uploaded from the correct places in the files package. It looks like you've uploaded either index.php or global.php from inside /archive to the web root or something.

I guess I will start with the file that caused the failure and see if it's in the right place.  B

Checked files. They are in the right places. trying to regain basic connection to the forum side. HTTP500. and my error logs are not telling which file is the culprit.
Seems to be something like global.php still as it affects all root level files. I'm not sure what process you took to upgrade, but upload the full package again over your current files.
(2023-02-17, 12:59 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to be something like global.php still as it affects all root level files. I'm not sure what process you took to upgrade, but upload the full package again over your current files.

Will give it a shot..  Global.php is what appears to be killing it

[17-Feb-2023 00:56:28 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/patriota/inc/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/patriota/public_html/global.php on line 17
[17-Feb-2023 00:56:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/patriota/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home/patriota/public_html/global.php on line 17
[17-Feb-2023 00:56:32 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/patriota/inc/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/patriota/public_html/global.php on line 17
[17-Feb-2023 00:56:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/patriota/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home/patriota/public_html/global.php on line 17
Pages: 1 2 3