MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sitemap Generator v1.0.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
good work Smile
it's a realy good plug in but i can't used it. it gives an error when i say create sitemap here is the caps:
[Image: graphic1tx7.png]

i am using mybb 1.2.9 ver. my server is linux

can you explain how can repair this problem?
i am a translater of mybb and i am trying your plugin translate to turkish..
but i couldn't fix this error...
That error indicates that fopen() returns 'false'. The plugin uses an fopen() to create the sitemap file in the forum root directory.
You have to make your forum root directory writable.

Other fopen() fail causes
php.net/fopen Wrote:Note: When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the directory in which you are about to operate has the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed.
php.net/fopen Wrote:If you are experiencing problems with reading and writing to files and you're using the server module version of PHP, remember to make sure that the files and directories you're using are accessible to the server process.

I'll include more error informations in the next release

mavericck
my forum is in main dır of server, how can i make it writable? the requared settings can be inside of .httacces document? or what is the way?
Can you try to create a php file with
<?php
$fp = fopen('../test.xml', 'w');
fclose($fp);
?>
in your admin folder and execute it?
Which warning do you receive?

mavericck
i found the way for run your plug-in but i have some fears about it..
i changed my httpdocs folders chmod to 777 and it is worked, but is there any problem about my forums security? i am in safety about this?

and when i ping google or msn for sitemap they saying file not found but answers.com can reach my sitemaps Confused
If you change it to 666 does it work? It would be more secure...

Quote:and when i ping google or msn for sitemap they saying file not found but answers.com can reach my sitemaps

Have you update your plugin to 1.0.1 version?

mavericck
mavericck Wrote:If you change it to 666 does it work? It would be more secure...

Quote:and when i ping google or msn for sitemap they saying file not found but answers.com can reach my sitemaps

Have you update your plugin to 1.0.1 version?

mavericck

I wanted to inform you that I've had the identical problem, at least this part of it, with no special permissions to speak of.

Also, after disabling the plug-in from 3 forums, and removing the core files, as a test, the settings panel still shows your plug-in as present. What's up here?
hi maveric,my problem same by dared..plugin version 1.0.1...
Gene Steinberg Wrote:I wanted to inform you that I've had the identical problem, at least this part of it, with no special permissions to speak of.

This is not a plugin problem, if the fopen() can't create a file, it could be due to
  • safe mode restrictions
  • permissions restrictions

maybe these problems are emphasized because it tries to create the sitemap in root folder.
I'll change the behavior of the plugin to create a sitemap folder, and put sitemap files there. So chmodding this directory to 777 won't be a security issue.

Gene Steinberg Wrote:Also, after disabling the plug-in from 3 forums, and removing the core files, as a test, the settings panel still shows your plug-in as present. What's up here?

Which panel do you see? the plugin menu in the left frame of ACP or that in board settings->change?

mavericck
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17