MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Forum Scheme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Definitely looks nice MyBB team~ Very integrated with the site and wiki. Looks sharp.

I will say however, that some people are going to be surprised when they install MyBB and don't see Lego heads when they open up their new forum. If you want your forum to look slick, just remember that the user is going to expect the same slickness from the 'official forums'. phpBB makes the same mistake in my opinion by tricking out their support forums.

It does look nice though, I won't knock it. The search bar up there especially looks nice. Still not a big fan of the lego head look, but whatever works for you.

Good job. (I will expect dotted underline links in 1.4, or a CSS tutorial on how to do them though. They're are the sex. Make sure you take them off the img links though, that just looks unprofessional.)

Kudos ;D
I'm wondering how long it will be before someone complains about their MyBB forum not looking like this one by default.
PHP_Paul Wrote:Good job. (I will expect dotted underline links in 1.4, or a CSS tutorial on how to do them though. They're are the sex. Make sure you take them off the img links though, that just looks unprofessional.)

Just apply this if you want (I used to do this on my website at one time, it's quite an easy CSS addition)...

a:hover, a:active {
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom-color: #000066;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-bottom-style: dotted;
}

Of course, change the colors/etc. to match your website. Now, if you don't want to have class="image" to all of your URL Image links, give the links you want to have the underline something like this...

[code]a.dotted:hover, a.dotted:active {
border-bottom-color: #000066;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-bottom-style: dotted;
}

I'm guessing MyBB didn't do this, because it means adding that to EVERY URL they have. I remember I had fun with that when I tried it out at first.

EDIT: Fixed the ; issue.
Soshite Wrote:
PHP_Paul Wrote:Good job. (I will expect dotted underline links in 1.4, or a CSS tutorial on how to do them though. They're are the sex. Make sure you take them off the img links though, that just looks unprofessional.)

Just apply this if you want (I used to do this on my website at one time, it's quite an easy CSS addition)...

text-decoration: none
border-bottom-color: #000066
border-bottom-width: 1px
border-bottom-style: dotted
}

Of course, change the colors/etc. to match your website. Now, if you don't want to have class="image" to all of your URL Image links, give the links you want to have the underline something like this...

[code]a.dotted:hover, a.dotted:active {
text-decoration: none
border-bottom-color: #000066
border-bottom-width: 1px
border-bottom-style: dotted
}
[/code]

I'm guessing MyBB didn't do this, because it means adding that to EVERY URL they have. I remember I had fun with that when I tried it out at first.
That's really the only possible way to do it - there's no way in CSS to detect whether a link is an image or not, because you're applying the CSS to the link, not the image. By the way, your CSS is a bit wrong - you need a ; after each line. Or you can condense it all by doing this:

border-bottom: 1px dotted #000066;
}

or

a.dotted:hover, a.dotted:active {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #000066;
}

Smaller but does the same thing Wink
So it's just me who finds scrolling with this new site (and now forums) to be mighty slow?
And my mouse gestures don't work either. Sad

Looks great. I'd just like to have my scrolling problem gone. Big Grin
rh1n0 Wrote:So it's just me who finds scrolling with this new site (and now forums) to be mighty slow?

You're the only one who has complained about such a problem so far.
Can't you just set img to have no bottom border? There's no problem usually with normal underlines if you just do:

a:hover img {
text-decoration:none; }

Or am I just wrong?
I was copying it quickly from Opera's Developer Console, which happens to remove the ; marks. Sorry about that.
Justin S. Wrote:
rh1n0 Wrote:So it's just me who finds scrolling with this new site (and now forums) to be mighty slow?

You're the only one who has complained about such a problem so far.

It's just you. If anything a browser / plugin bug

Yes i have been getting that to but not all the time its a on and off thing and it dose bug me are you using firefox
Pages: 1 2 3