MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tried to upgrade to 1.8.34 but my forum is down now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hello
i've been trying to upgrade but like the last time the site got broken and there is a messege of the webhost....

i did what is written here and when i tried to enter /install/upgrade.php i got empty page..

perhaps all of this happens because my database name is different than default?

let me know please..
Are there any errors displayed or logged (https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/)?

What PHP version are you using?
PHP Version 7.4.33

at the root directory there is no such file with the name "error.log".

i do have the feeling that it is because of the unique database name.

any further assistance?
anyone?
Nothing from your current input is useful to troubleshoot the issue you've encountered.

Please collect more information about the issue. The best I can think of right now is to enable the error logging mechanism from MyBB and see if there's any error message will be logged.

So, please read the suggested documentation:

(2023-05-23, 06:50 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any errors displayed or logged (https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/)?

What PHP version are you using?
hello
i've now created a settings.php file and placed it in the inc folder. i created it because there was not such file beforehand.

i've tried to open the site which is broken and then tried to find the error.log file in the main folder. there was not such file.

did i do it right?

maybe i will try to reinstall from scratch because i want my forums back,..
i've installed it from scratch but it's not the newest version [used an installer script],
do i need to upgrade in this case or install the full version? [the boards are empty before importing the data base]

edit..
when trying to import my database i get..
i do have a special prefix for the tables..
[attachment=46011]

when installed i did se the correct table prefix.. but some how this is what i get

do i need to change the file related to the table prefix?
If you can, it's better to install from official sources rather than with a script.

"no database selected". It means the database name isn't defined.
thank you..

i've tried to do a regular installation but after setting Database Configuration settings i get an empty page after pressing 'next'..

i'm using 'bluehost'

i've been told that bluehost don't support 'mybb' in a manual installation for shared hosting.

long story short.. bluehost won't support mybb manual installation in shared hosting..

i'm back to my hostinger..
i did the installation successfully but when importing the sql file i get..

[attachment=46016]

also..
i've multiple sets of tables in the sql file.... 3 sets that i wish to get rid of 2 of them......

i don't know how to solve this problem of importing the data.
is it legitimate to ask someone to fix it for money?
Pages: 1 2 3 4