MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem in viewing threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some (of my) plugins might cause this, specially plugins related to tweaking what threads users see (private threads, custom filters, etc).

Please list your full list of plugins so we might try to think about a cause for your issue.

Additional context: I found one of my plugins doing this recently because of how MyBB handles the datecut input.
(2023-11-12, 11:35 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]forumdisplay.php is modified. That's the first place to consider checking if changes have modified search results unexpectedly.

Is that the only forum affected?

As guest, I note the thread count for that sub-forum listed in CivilEA Shop is 0.
Thread and post counts are 0 and 0 for CivilEA Registry as well. The thread permitted by guest permissions becomes visible when changing display order away from From The Beginning.

Curious. What happens when you change the forum default date cutoff in AdminCP / Forums & Posts / select forum / Edit Forum Settings

I modified the forumdisplay.php yesterday according to your last post. 
When I change forum default date cuttoff to "last year" some topics has been shown for all users.
what is your MyBB version?

PHP 8 I think, I know the problem not counting with older MyBB, with MyBB 1.8.37 counts will work
Another interesting note:
When selecting From: The Last Year, the threads listed are older than the datecutoff of 365 days.
In at least one forum checked, Rules and Privacy of CivilEA, all 16 threads appear, the oldest ones from 2009.
(2023-11-12, 11:48 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]what is your MyBB version?

PHP 8 I think, I know the problem not counting with older MyBB, with MyBB 1.8.37 counts will work

Hi

MYBB 1.8.36
(2023-11-12, 11:39 AM)CivilEA Wrote: [ -> ]I modified the forumdisplay.php yesterday according to your last post. 

I did not suggest modifications. I was pointing out the section of code in forumdisplay.php that established the datecut variable.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear.
(2023-11-12, 11:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Some (of my) plugins might cause this, specially plugins related to tweaking what threads users see (private threads, custom filters, etc).

Please list your full list of plugins so we might try to think about a cause for your issue.

Additional context: I found one of my plugins doing this recently because of how MyBB handles the datecut input.

Hi
*** SOLVED

*I note that I disabled all plugins but the problem persist.

now I upgraded to 1.8.37 and the problem is exist. File Verification result is as follow now.

Hi

I ran "Rebuild Forum Counters" and the problem was solved.
Even if everything is working now, please check your templates, some of them are out of date

ACP --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates
(2023-11-12, 07:50 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]Even if everything is working now, please check your templates, some of them are out of date

ACP --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates

Yes, Thank you. 
what shall I do with Updated templates?
compare what has changed and either reset the template or adapt the changes

I saw it in header-Template, the JS-Files included are very old versions
and if one is old, chances are there's even more trouble

Changed templates are not adjusted during the update, the admin has to do this himself (unfortunately very few people know this)

good luck
Pages: 1 2 3