MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem in viewing threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2023-11-13, 07:57 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]compare what has changed and either reset the template or adaptĀ  the changes

I saw it in header-Template, the JS-Files included are very old versions
and if one is old, chances are there's even more trouble

Changed templates are not adjusted during the update, the admin has to do this himself (unfortunately very few people know this)

good luck

could you please guide me which JS-files in header are old?
I see in Soureview on your website

<script type="21e4dfdfad33ffd22148e663-text/javascript" src="https://forum.civilea.com/jscripts/jquery.js?ver=1813"></script>
<script type="21e4dfdfad33ffd22148e663-text/javascript" src="https://forum.civilea.com/jscripts/jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1813"></script>
<script type="21e4dfdfad33ffd22148e663-text/javascript" src="https://forum.civilea.com/jscripts/general.js?ver=1817"></script>

sorry, my error, it is the headerinclude-Template

The numbers allow conclusions to be drawn as to when the template was last updated, 1817 = MyBB 1.8.17

in my board this three lines are:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/jquery.js?ver=1823"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1821"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1827"></script>

I think your theme is a original MyBB-theme, which you modified?

If we assume that some of your templates are on 1.8.17, you should check a few things

In german support board we have a list for changed templates from each version to the newest:
https://www.mybb.de/doku/sonstiges/geaen...1837/1817/
this is from 1.8.17 to 1.8.37

But I still recommend the function in the ACP
My understanding is once the javascript file is updated on the server, that's the correct one to use.
The "?=ver1827" is used to force the browser to load the file again rather than use its older cached version.
[edit]Yes, the number is useful to indicate the version when the js was changed, but its function is to force reload.[/edit]

Same thing is in place for the theme's css files. The update script appends the timestamp during the update.
CivilEA's css timestamps of ?t=1699778635 indicate the date of his update on Sunday, November 12, 2023 8:43:55 AM GMT

It helps reduce use of the old standby problem solver "clear your browser cache and cookies".
@HLFadmin this is correct, but it indicates, that some templates may be not updated

this can lead to even more problems that you don't see at first
Are there topics that are within the time frame and can topics in this subforum be seen and read by the relevant user groups?
Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue?

Our Forums keep wiping out the list of threads (despite the fact the posts still exist on the site.)

It's not "individual" threads that are disappearing. EVERY thread link is suddenly wiped out regardless of how long it was online (One thread I posted was up for over two months. A second thread in the same forum posted just two days ago disappeared with it.

Help! TIA

I found the cause.

At the bottom of the forum for the theme I use, there is an option on the bottom right for how far back to display threads.

Change the default time range to "From the beginning" to show all threads.
@Tia you'd better startet a new topic

this thread is marked as solved, so a lot of supporters will not look in

please discribe in this new thread better what happens, I didn't understand!

a link to your board may be helpful too then
(2024-02-14, 09:21 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]@Tia you'd better startet a new topic

this thread is marked as solved, so a lot of supporters will not look in

please discribe in this new thread better what happens, I didn't understand!

a link to your board may be helpful too then

I found the problem and included the solution in my post above. Thx.
Pages: 1 2 3