MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 18.36 Error 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, 
I went to my forum running mybb 18.36 and it was down! Sad

Here is the URL https://mmaiato.com/forum

Error Type: MyBB Error (44)
Error Message: MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension.

I know this is typically caused by an error in config.php, where as the server type is listed as mysql or mysqli. I tried that & it does not work in this case, so please do not tell me about the typical solution. 

Assuming my forum was the problem I tried, restore of the backup files and MySQL DB. Same error. I tried a new installation which would not get me past the DB configuration screen in /install. So that was a no go.

I went to the hosting providers KB to search for any issues and sure enough there is an issue with my webserver. I don't have any problem with my website, its running as expected. The core of my problem "seems" to be related to NOT being able to connect to the SQL host for mybb forum.
The hostname is sql104.infinityfree.com. I cant get an IP address for this server. I'm not sure why. that is at this moment. I figure if I can enter its IP for the hostname it would probably work.

Am I way off here, or does the problem seem to be also a missing DNS records issue, and the resolution of hostnames. 

Any infor or insights would be very helpful, thanks!
Looks like mysql extension is not loaded in php.
(2023-11-01, 11:59 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like mysql extension is not loaded in php
Really... And what can I do to verify or fix this problem?
create a file with

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

in it, name it phpinfo.php
load it to your root and open it
(2023-11-01, 04:26 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]create a file with

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

in it, name it phpinfo.php
load it to your root and open it

Results were.... Does anything not seem correct?

Your server uses PHP version 8.2.12

Your website url is mmaiato.com

Your document root is /home/vol17_1/epizy.com/ep_34063/htdocs

PHP memory_limit is 512M

PHP max_file_size is 20MB

PHP max_execution_time is 60 seconds
do you really get so little information?
(2023-11-01, 06:00 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]do you really get so little information?

Yes sir, that is the complete result...nothing removed.
Normally you get a lot of information, I have no idea why that is the case for you, I've never seen it like this with complete sentences
(2023-11-01, 08:09 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]Normally you get a lot of information, I have no idea why that is the case for you, I've never seen it like this with complete sentences

Well that does not sound too promising so far.  Confused
on your website linked above I get only this
Pages: 1 2