MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ABP SiteMap (0.4) not updating on Google Search Console
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

Why sitemap is not updating on Google Search Console ?

[Image: 14IRyZ.png]

Regards.
Ask google.
If sitemap is correctly generated (have a look on your.forum/sitemap.xml), the it's because google doesn't read it every minute.

Do you really think that crawlers may/will read your sitemap everytime a change is done in it ?
(2024-01-02, 10:41 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Ask google.
If sitemap is correctly generated (have a look on your.forum/sitemap.xml), the it's because google doesn't read it every minute.

Do you really think that crawlers may/will read your sitemap everytime a change is done in it ?

I never said that google will crawl on every minute. But this error is coming from ages even deleted and added sitemap multiple times on google search console.
Ok, so I'll try to say it in a simplest way: if the plugin generates the good sitemap, the problem doesn't come from the plugin, so I can't help you.
If the sitemap is invalid or not generated, I can have a look on it and correct it.
(2024-01-03, 10:23 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I'll try to say it in a simplest way: if the plugin generates the good sitemap, the problem doesn't come from the plugin, so I can't help you.
If the sitemap is invalid or not generated, I can have a look on it and correct it.

Problem is this:

If the sitemap is invalid or not generated.

Link: Click Here

Ok, so it's a trouble with the plugin.
Is the task enabled ? What about the task log ?
Did you try to run the task manualy ?

Tested on one of my forum (where it wasn't installed before), runs like a charm
(2024-01-04, 11:30 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so it's a trouble with the plugin.
Is the task enabled ? What about the task log ?
Did you try to run the task manualy ?

Tested on one of my forum (where it wasn't installed before), runs like a charm

Is the task enabled ? What about the task log ? Yes task is enabled
Did you try to run the task manualy ? Yes but it didnt logged the sitemap

Task Logs:

[Image: sTFyDe.png]

I have disabled and enabled the plugin too.

So it's a trouble with the plugin. I think thats the cause. But how its not working on 3 mybb forums ? Should I reinstall the plugin ?
Your image is not visible, it doesn't help.

And you can also have a look in your error log file.
(2024-01-04, 08:09 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Your image is not visible, it doesn't help.

And you can also have a look in your error log file.

Where do I find the Error log file option ?

[attachment=46514]
Your log error configuration is set in ACP » Configuration » Board Settings » Server and Optimization Options

And try to run the task by the hand (the clock on the right of the task), the go on the "View task logs" and check if there is any entry for ABP sitemap.
Pages: 1 2