MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken Links, general setup problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am very new to using this software, but I have it setup and running. However I have run into a few problems.

Once a user logs into the forum, all the general UI images (on, off, offlock, collapse, collapse_collapsed, logo) have broken URLs. When I inspect the code of the page, it wants these images to be found at the web root, not in the 'images' directory (src="/on.gif"). It doesn't matter if i set the default style, or select the one style I have installed (BlueOrange).

When I log out, the images re-apear because the code is written correctly again, to the 'images' directory where the images actually exist.

Why is it looking for the images at the root? I have not modified any of the themes yet, though I was about to start doing that today.

Also when I login, the logo at the upper left disappears, and the only thing that is displayed is the (Alt) text I set as the forum name. The reason for this is because the source value for that image tag looks like this: src="". Why is this set to a value of nothing? Again it does not matter if I use the default theme or the BlueOrange theme.

Also when someone is logged in, and they can see their PM's table under all the forums tables, my PM table is centered on the page, and is not very wide (width="").

I am guessing variables are not getting written here? And it is happening a lot.

So as you can see I am a bit frustrated and these odd anomalies.

Should I delete everything and reinstall? I really don't want nor have time to do that, as I have a lot of settings the way I like them right now. Please help.

Oh, and I am using 1.0 RC4.

Thanks,

Ken
Seems to me that your forum installation failed to install properly.

The only to find out wheather it did, is to look at your server log file, which should be accessable via your websites control panel, if available or by your host.

If there is then, post them here, you want to look for PHP Errors.

Other than that I'm what to do, with doing a reinstallation. Also check weather ALL myBB forum files have been uploaded correctly to you server.

Please check that the "Image Directory" setting for your themes is set to images and that your "Forum Logo" setting is set to images/Light/logo.png.
Musicalmidget - my images directory is set to "images" and my logo field is set to "images/Light/logo.gif"

wildteen88 - my log file no longer lists this instillation. I use cPanel, so can see my server logs, I would probably have to ask the host, and I honestly do not remember when exactly I installed this (looks like April 20th actually looking at the modified date).

I guess I will delete the forum and the database when I get home and start all over again.

Thanks all for the replies.

Ken
I had the simlar problem once. I think I found the cause but a solution was never found. I do belive this is also for Admin's only! Ask other users if their are having this problem or test yourself with a normal account.

Some things to try though include:

* Doing a hard refresh (F5 in IE, CTRL + R in firefox)
* Clearing your cache and cookies
* Updating all cache contents in the Admin CP Maintainence area
Hello All,

I deleted everything and reinstalled. It all seems to work, for normal and amin users, it looks great. Luckily this is not live yet, so I did not lose anything.

I just got finished with my theme too! Take a look:

http://www.bgnewsalumni.com/forum/

Next up are some template questions...
Nice and orange Smile

I think the solution to the problem was to submit a theme choice in the UserCP...
Yep those are our school colors - orange and brown. It didn't seem to matter which theme I set, I was having serious issues regardless. All is working well now though!