MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User login problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm trying to solve this for two days now - one of my forum users cannot login for some mysterious reason. The reported problem - she gets the message about successful login and then is redirected to the front page as guest.

Firstly, I deleted both her accounts that she created while not being able to login, and created a new one from the Admin CP. Tested this new account myself and login works fine for me.
Then I suggested that she uses a different browser, and both Firefox and IE give the same problem.
Now I suggested that she clears browser cookies, cache and authenticated sessions (don't know if this makes sense, I had no other ideas). Still waiting for reply if this works.

Did anyone ever encounter similar problems?
If it's a known issue I'd really like to know the "succesful login recipe" that I could post in the forum announcement.

Thanks for reading and, hopefully, for your help.
I'm using fresh install of 1.2.9, no mods
What are your cookie settings set to? [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Thanks for the link!

Cookie domain is blank and the path is "/".

The forum is located at www.mydomain.lt/forum.
The "handy tool" from the wiki says cookie settings should be ".mydomain.lt" and "/forum/" accordingly.

(I'm such a noob and also feeling so stupid... Shy)
Cookie domain: .mydomain.lt
path: /forum/
Thank you both for answering.

I've changed the cookie settings, but the problem is still there Sad ..

Any other suggestions what might be causing this?
Clear your cookies and try again
Hey, why don't you provide us with a valid url?
Lol yeah, you need to put in your real forum address into the "handy tool" for it to give you the correct settings.
Sorry Shy The real address is http://www.ziurkes.lt/forumas
Only it's (almost) all Lithuanian and I thought it wouldn't be of any use...

I'm still waiting for the answer if clearing cookies again helped. Will be back here to report how it goes Smile In the meantime, after changing the cookie settings, I'm seeing some forums as "Containing New Posts", although all topics are read (I guess it might be related to cookies), and I cannot logout too ... It's not that I ever need to, but it's annoying. And searching this forum for answers didn't help me much Shy

EDIT: logging out problem solved after clearing cache. Not sure about the "new posts" in topics yet.
The new posts issue is a known problem with MyBB 1.2 and it has been fixed in MyBB 1.4.
Pages: 1 2