MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding avatar galleries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can I add more avatar galleries and make them available to all forum users? If so, how do i go about this?
In the avatars folder just create a new folder named what ever you want you gallery to be
then upload the images to it.

Fishntassie
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be as easy as that too, but after doing this the gallery was not available so I wondered whethr there was some other setting I had overlooked?

Thanks,
You have to make the new folder in the "images/avatars" folder so if you want a gallery named "Test" for example, upload your files into "images/avatars/Test"
Thanks, that did the trick! Smile
Also have questions about this gallery.

1. When somebody choose an avatar will this avatar is still in the list can I see that it is in use or perhaps it is out of the list.
When this is this will be wonderfull.

2. I also have a lot of avatars is it possible to show the avatars from outsite my mybb host (other domain).
spinning Wrote:Also have questions about this gallery.

1. When somebody choose an avatar will this avatar is still in the list can I see that it is in use or perhaps it is out of the list.
When this is this will be wonderfull.
It will still be on the list
spinning Wrote:2. I also have a lot of avatars is it possible to show the avatars from outsite my mybb host (other domain).
You'd need a modification to do that.
Is it somehow also possible with a mod to show that an avatar is in use.
Thats more important then my second question.
This would be possible with a mod, although I don't believe that such a mod currently exists.
If you are the only person who needs to see if a user is using an avatar from the gallery, you could run an SQL query like the one below:
SELECT * FROM mybb_users WHERE avatar LIKE "images/avatars/%"
(replace "mybb_" with your table prefix)

That will display all users using an avatar from the gallery. If you want a specific avatar, replace the "%" with the filename and foldername of the avatar.
Pages: 1 2