MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit: Need someone!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok thanks I've uploaded all the files no problem I haven't done that mysql thing yet but I guess I can check that out.

Do I have to do the mysql before I can type in poketech.freehostia.com/install/ or whatever?
No, but you will need to before you can complete the install wizard.
I'm not sure but I've tried a million times and I keep getting like forbidden messages or whatever when I try to go the the install thing like poketech.freehostia.com/install/ it just comes up with the forbidden thing.

Am I doing something wrong?
Well, in order to run the install (poketech.freehostia.com/install), you will need the info about your mysql database, so you would have needed to create it first. When do you get the "forbidden thing" error? As soon as you try to access the install?
It is really simple.

Upload the contents of the /upload directory
WAIT UNTIL ALL FILES ARE UPLOADED! And I mean ALL.
What ever directory you uploaded to files into, you need to do that plus /install.
Example: You might of uploaded the files into a directory called "forum"
So it would then be poketech.freehostia.com/forum/install.

If that doesn't work first off you are doing someone wrong, so you will need to follow my instructions again.

Then, the install process should *SHOULD* be self explanatory, let's hope.
Read a good tutorial on FTP.
lordtopcat Wrote:It is really simple.

Upload the contents of the /upload directory
WAIT UNTIL ALL FILES ARE UPLOADED! And I mean ALL.
What ever directory you uploaded to files into, you need to do that plus /install.
Example: You might of uploaded the files into a directory called "forum"
So it would then be poketech.freehostia.com/forum/install.

If that doesn't work first off you are doing someone wrong, so you will need to follow my instructions again.

Then, the install process should *SHOULD* be self explanatory, let's hope.

Thanks but I uploaded everything in the directory and I still get a "you don't have permission/forbidden" page Do I need to change the permissions?

Its just not letting me access the page I've changed the permissions to what they said and I just can't get it >.< (I'm about to give up) Do you think I could of accidentally deleted one of the files, and maybe I should download it again?
That is a server message, it means that physically the server won't let you access that part of the server. A 403 can be thrown if you have directory listings off and then try and list a directory; are you sure you have uploaded your forum to where you think you have?
I have uploaded everything thing in a forum (s) folder and I have uploaded every image, file, folder everything that the download gave me that was in the upload folder.

You said something about throwing the 403 server? How would you do that?
No, a 403 error is an error which your server throws if you try and access something you can't. On some servers directory listing is turned off so if you try and access a directory without an index file, a 403 error will be shown.

When you login to your FTP server, where are your forum files relative to your location after you login?
Pages: 1 2 3 4