MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: message counter errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The board I'm working on is returning an error message after posting that says the message counter was not updated.

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_thread_data() in /home/new2here/public_html/forums/inc/datahandlers/post.php on line 1164

See www.newportneighborhood.org

Note that this home page says there are no threads and no posts in the various forums. It eb=vene says there have "never" been any.

If you click on a forum such as "Community Issues" you will see there are threads and posts and replies.

Suggestions on fixing will be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you didn't upload all the new files when upgrading your forum, or that you have a plugin which is interfering.

Assuming that you are running MyBB 1.2.9, please try re-uploading your ./inc/functions.php and ./inc/functions_post.php from a fresh download of the MyBB archive.

After you have done that, and if the error is gone. You will have to run the recount and rebuild tool from the ACP to fix the post counters.
MrDoom Wrote:It looks like you didn't upload all the new files when upgrading your forum, or that you have a plugin which is interfering.

Assuming that you are running MyBB 1.2.9, please try re-uploading your ./inc/functions.php and ./inc/functions_post.php from a fresh download of the MyBB archive.

After you have done that, and if the error is gone. You will have to run the recount and rebuild tool from the ACP to fix the post counters.
Thanks. I'll let you know how that works out.
I'm seeing error message all over the place, both in the front and back end. For example, I am running 1.2.9 but when I clcik on Version Check i get an error. I get an error message when trying to log out.

So, I'm thinking I need to do a fresh install but I don't want to lose the threads and memebrs, in other words, the database.

If I delete the forum and the reinstall from a fresh download, using the same MySql db, user name and pw, will the new installation find that stuff?

Or is there something else needed?

TIA
Backup your ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php and then reupload all the files from the MyBB 1.2.9 archive overwriting the ones already there. After that reupload your old ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php
MrDoom Wrote:Backup your ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php and then reupload all the files from the MyBB 1.2.9 archive overwriting the ones already there. After that reupload your old ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php
Thanks again. I'll let you know.
Sorry to say, nothing changed.

I overwrote the existing forum with a fresh download.

I uploaded the saved settings and config

Deleted the install folder

Now I have the exact same site back - and with the inability to log out, error messages following posts, lack of counts on forum home page, etc.

Any other suggestions are welcome. May I PM you the admin access and/or FTP access so you can look behind the scenes?

Thanks for the support.
Hmm, have you previously upgraded this forum from an old version or was it a fresh install. If it was an upgrade, did you run the upgrade wizard?
MrDoom Wrote:Hmm, have you previously upgraded this forum from an old version or was it a fresh install. If it was an upgrade, did you run the upgrade wizard?
This began as a fresh install. But I cannot say if the person who briefly was the Admin didn't run the wizard. It's not likely, but it could have happened.

The offer of the access codes via PM is still open and I would welcome a look by you.

Thanks!
Ah, so you don't actually know. Can you remember what version number it used to say in the ACP before you started on this today?

Is there anyway you could contact this person and find out if it was upgraded?
Pages: 1 2