MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: leecher problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so in my server files i find mybb_pages.php and delete it?
No, you would need to login to your database using MyPhpAdmin, find the table and then delete (drop) it. You won't find a file on your server called mybb_pages.php.
oh so how do i get to myphpadmin then???
Contact your host for information on that. Btw, it's phpMyAdmin not MyPhpAdmin. I am ashamed Judel! Toungue
ok well i really need help with this leecher problem. is there a way to make it so when they get to 5 posts they automaticly join a specified group?
No, not without a modification/plugin. (Search the mods site, it should be there)

MyBB 1.4 however will have this built in
i have the mod for it but i turn it on in the plugin manager and theres no settings for it or nothing. im so lost -_-
ugar0 Wrote:i have the mod for it but i turn it on in the plugin manager and theres no settings for it or nothing. im so lost -_-

You should follow the instructions in the readme.txt which comes with the mod. Also make sure that you insert the code mentioned in the readme.txt into your global.lang.php files. Once you have activated the plugin, you will have to set the "Minimum Posts For Starting New Thread? __ Status" to "Yes" in the board settings -> posting -> modify settings (this will be at the bottom of the posting settings). Then, refresh your Admin CP or reload the left frame. At the bottom of the left side frame, you will see this:

[Image: mod.jpg]

Click the Show Restrictions and start selecting the forums and the usergroups to which the restrictions will apply.

I still don't see the wisdom of all this since this will never prevent leeching nor will it encourage members to actively participate in your forum.

Regards
Tikitiki Wrote:Contact your host for information on that. Btw, it's phpMyAdmin not MyPhpAdmin. I am ashamed Judel! Toungue

OMG! LOL...i was just copying the way Maatty did it. I hardly ever log into it, so I don't have the name memorized! Toungue LOL...but you knew what I was talking about.
judel Wrote:OMG! LOL...i was just copying the way Maatty did it. I hardly ever log into it, so I don't have the name memorized! Toungue LOL...but you knew what I was talking about.
OMG! I didn't realize that I did that typo till you mentioned it. Anyway, I wonder why it is phpmyadmin and not myphpadmin. I guess we need to consult a linguist on which modifier should be placed first. When I log to mysql database I never think of the php thing.. So, shouldn't just be myadmin!Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3