MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to put some themes on my site and when i do it seems to work pretty well but the buttons and images arent showing. I have tried linking to the folders with it and i have tried linking to photobucket with it. Can anyone help me?
Another question i have is i have version 1.2.1 is there certain themes that work well with that version. I am in need of black and purple ( i really like the blackberry theme)
http://themommymansion.gigacities.net/forums/

Thanks in advance
All of the updated themes work on 1.2.x (no matter what version of 1.2). Are you sure that the images have all been uploaded properly?
at0mik Wrote:All of the updated themes work on 1.2.x (no matter what version of 1.2). Are you sure that the images have all been uploaded properly?

I think I did it all correctly
Make sure also that the foldername you have inputed in that particular theme's settings match the foldername that you have on your server.
When i set it like that

images/PurpleBlitz
it shows only some of them not all of them, like the new topic and reply button those are all gone. how do i get those to show up
oh and i wanted to ask this too

should i be doing anything at all in templates? whats that about? Ive never had to do anything but add css or html to put on a skin or theme so im kinda lost
You have to have the sub-folders with the same names as well, make sure that you do as well as making sure that the images (New Topic, etc) are actually uploaded into those folders.
so all i have to do is upload the buttons from the themes and it will automatically be the right name and all
Before importing the theme, you should edit the its .xml file and put the links there which should point to correctly to the directory to which you uploaded the images. That's the only way to make it work. If you just put the images dir in your ACP (in the theme) it will not work.

Regards
maatty Wrote:Before importing the theme, you should edit the its .xml file and put the links there which should point to correctly to the directory to which you uploaded the images.

You can also change this when you edit the theme.
Pages: 1 2