MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DEBATE: Windows 95 as a webserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Don't worry iv got an amazing argument planned for this while i do my investigation on this. Iv got my server now set up just need 95 and then get all the php mysql etc installed and we will eventually see all this fail Toungue
Jag100 Wrote:Don't worry iv got an amazing argument planned for this while i do my investigation on this. Iv got my server now set up just need 95 and then get all the php mysql etc installed and we will eventually see all this fail Toungue

Lol. I was going to install 95 inside VMware but I only have 15 floppys with 95 on it... I never got the CD of it Sad
Snake Wrote:
Jag100 Wrote:Don't worry iv got an amazing argument planned for this while i do my investigation on this. Iv got my server now set up just need 95 and then get all the php mysql etc installed and we will eventually see all this fail Toungue

Lol. I was going to install 95 inside VMware but I only have 15 floppys with 95 on it... I never got the CD of it Sad

I think I already said it fails on PHP and mySQL, you have to find older versions, you have to upgrade your browser and control sets, and you gotta update your desktop in general. There is no possible way you can test it, you could never get your system configured like I have.
SinisterSlay Wrote:
Snake Wrote:

I think I already said it fails on PHP and mySQL, you have to find older versions, you have to upgrade your browser and control sets, and you gotta update your desktop in general. There is no possible way you can test it, you could never get your system configured like I have.

And your calling us ignorant. :\

The thing is you will never ever be able to update it. And now company's are trying to upgrade to PHP5 because PHP 4 won't be supported anymore. I don't no weather MyBB 1.4 will be compatible with PHP4.
I knwo the current version of mybb is, and no one says you have to upgrade anything.

and if your serious about trying this, you for sure need this to even get started on 95 now

http://www.trevorsarchives.selfip.net/do...e55sp2.exe

after that you will have a hope in hell.

I highly reocmmend going into your 95 disc and installing IE4 first which has desktop update. This will maek your system identical to windows 98.

And FYI, why I say you coudl never duplicate me, 2 examples, I actually have msconfig and disck cleanup, shows up in c drive and everything. This what my MS config has too.

[Image: hidden%20options.gif]
Snake Wrote:I don't no weather MyBB 1.4 will be compatible with PHP4.

Duh it will ...
SinisterSlay Wrote:I knwo the current version of mybb is, and no one says you have to upgrade anything.

Ya but when you have security holes you just can't patch you will be forced to upgrade.

EDIT: Figure it would.
windows 95 has security holes i just can't patch, doesn't bother me in the least Smile.

Linux is open source, how much easier to design a program to destroy a system can you get? lol
SinisterSlay Wrote:windows 95 has security holes i just can't patch, doesn't bother me in the least Smile.

Linux is open source, how much easier to design a program to destroy a system can you get? lol

Ya but distro creaters patch holes... the best part about using open source is you can fix it right away... no waiting for windows patch.
so what ur saying is if your not C savy and cant patch linux yourself, your screwed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13