MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Um...I know I'll probably get yelled at but hey I really do want to know...I have searched and searched feverishly on here for any guide or tutorial on "Making Themes"...I'd really like to give this a shot but I do not know where to even begin trying, Can someone please lead me by the nose and give me some links or some help in this area...I think I could make some really cool themes! ( you know ... being a graphics junky that I am Smile )...Any help would be greatly appreciated and plus I could share them here for all these members to use and enjoy! Ok Im ready to be grabbed, kicked and lead to the classroom...Smile
PM me if you are interested in free theme apprenticeship. I can teach you how to make themes and offer full support for free, of course Smile.
Here's a collection of tutorials, if you'd like to take a look at 'em. Smile

http://mybbthemes.8ez.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23
http://mods.mybboard.net/view-resource/t...-own-theme

That is a list of things I personally do when creating new themes.
Ok Questions...Now do I need to create the theme inside MyBB?
and save it that way?...Im reading what the both of you posted, But Im just trying to make sure Im on the right path...
it depends if you want to create a simple or advanced theme

you start off by going to the admin cp >> themes(category) >> add >> name the theme
Ok you lost me on that Bless...I know the difference of advanced and simple...But Im thinking simple is made in the ACP and advanced is made outside of the ACP?? Yes??... No??
No, everything is made in the ACP!

There are no template files such as in phpbb or SMF. Everything is in mybb database except the images.
Bas Wrote:No, everything is made in the ACP!

Cept images of course Wink.
Audentio Wrote:
Bas Wrote:No, everything is made in the ACP!

Cept images of course Wink.
Which is what they said.....
Quote:No, everything is made in the ACP!

There are no template files such as in phpbb or SMF. Everything is in mybb database except the images.
Pages: 1 2