MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few suggestions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. More smilies!
2. Make the Back to Top use javascript:scroll(0,0); instead of #top.
3. Make all the categories separate, like on IPB. (preview at the IPS Forum)
4. Change Board Statistics to Info Center.
5. Change Who's Online to Users Online.
6. Change New Reply to Add Reply.
7. Change everything that says New Thread to New Topic.
8. At the bottom of a topic page, put New Reply and New Topic on the right side, like they are at the top.

Edit: Why does this forum put a space in between javascript? I had to put a bold tag in the middle of the word with nothing in it, just so it wouldn't put a space.
Good idea/not
1. Yes
2. What's the difference? (never used javascript scroll(0,0))
3. Maybe a turn on/off feature but good idea
4-7. Why? So it conforms to another forum?
8. Yes.
1. Yes
2. Eh...
3. I agree with decswxaqz
4. I think you can change that yourself. Personally, I like "Board Statistics", but to each his own.
5. Again, you might be able to do that yourself.
6. Change it yourself. Make a button.
7. Same as #6.
8. You could probably change the alignment yourself.
For #3, I've fiddled around with this. I can manage to switch up certain templates via admin cp, but I can't seem to make the forums split.
In my opinion, "thread" sounds better than "topic." Also, what is the advantage of using JavaScript to scroll to the top rather than just "#top?"
Sometimes, people might edit the hell out of the templates and codes, that <a name="#top"></a> basically gets buried, and if you click the "Return to top...", it might not go right flush to the top, but I think thats what he meant.
I like the idea of them being seprate (3.) and I like more smiles but other then that it dusn't realy mater to me that much.
On Firefox and IE6 #top goes to the top without <a name="top"></a>. Wink Try it.
Cory Wrote:For #3, I've fiddled around with this. I can manage to switch up certain templates via admin cp, but I can't seem to make the forums split.
The screenshot on the homepage shows separated categories. Toungue

http://www.mybboard.com/
That is an outdated screenshot.

As for most of these suggestions, that would just turn MyBB in to IPB which we're not trying to do. Is there a difference between New Reply and Add Reply? New Thread and New Topic?
Pages: 1 2