MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: stuck on Database Configuration , mySQL improved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
running Fedora 4.

I checked to see if mySQL was running
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld status
mysqld (pid 12343) is running...

The installation wizard selected MySQL Improved
I kept the default of localhost.
I entered 1234_bb for the database username
"1234 Boards" for the database Name.
The Wizard complained:
Quote: * Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
* Could not select the database '1234 Boards'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?
Is there something I am supposed to do with the MySQL prior to installing the MyBB ?
Have you setup a database and database user before running the installer?
MrDoom Wrote:Have you setup a database and database user before running the installer?

oh Shy
I thought that the MyBB installation process was doing that.
We couldn't anyway. Most don't allow creating of databases from scripts
Sad still stuck.

Where are there instructions on how to setup the MySQL for MyBB use?

I have a database called 123_Boards,
user permission for 123_bb is set to Any hosts and ALL permissions
host permissions set to Any host and ALL permissions.

but I'm still getting an error from the Wizard
Quote:Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
* Could not select the database '123_Boards'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?
Have you installed any other MySQL apps on your web server? such as phpmyadmin?
Snake Wrote:Have you installed any other MySQL apps on your web server? such as phpmyadmin?

There was a vtiger in the past. I deleted that database.
Yes, phpmyadmin is on the system but I don't think it is setup - all the files are in /usr/share/phpmyadmin. How do i check to see if it is actually set to run?
Usually it creats a sim link in /var/www folder. In your SSH terminal (or on the host) type in
cd /var/www
ls -la

See if phpmyadmin exists. (might be in blue text)

If so then go to http://youdomainname.com/phpmyadmin in your browser.

If it gives you a connection error then you should make sure the php5-mysql or php4-sql is install.
Snake Wrote:Usually it creats a sim link in /var/www folder. In your SSH terminal (or on the host) type in
cd /var/www
ls -la

See if phpmyadmin exists. (might be in blue text)

If so then go to http://youdomainname.com/phpmyadmin in your browser.

If it gives you a connection error then you should make sure the php5-mysql or php4-sql is install.

No phpmyadmin in /var/www.
Output from mysql.log is:
Quote:071112 10:05:57 mysqld started
071112 10:05:57 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43644
071112 10:05:57 [Warning] Found an entry in the 'db' table with empty database name; Skipped
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
I checked the firewall and ip port 3306 is allowed.

Then i went to the mysql command prompt and did a 'show databases;'
and it came back fine, with the 123_Boards listed.

So now i am really puzzled why the Wizard can not see anything.
Unless ... is the Wizard supposed to be run on the actual physical machine that is hosting the MyBB ?
Doesn't matter if port 3306 is open to the internet or not. You apache server talks to it through the localhost. I would recommend install phpmyadmin and get it working first... If you can get phpmyadmin working then MyBB's a peace of cake.
Pages: 1 2