MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft Delete?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would it be possible to add a Soft Delete for posts? Like, where a Mod deletes a post, they have the option to Soft delete so only Staff can see and also have a reason why it's deleted?
You can use "Unapprove" and then use the "Thread Notes" for each thread to say why
You can unapprove posts which makes them only viewable to staff. If you want reasons as well, you could always get them to report it.
Ok that's cool.
But can it be added to future releases is what I am asking? Similar to the Soft Delete in VB.
Another possibility will be the use of the Trash Can Forum.
Unlike vB, we don't implement 3 different features that do the same thing Smile
why every one asking for feature that in vb or in mybb?
every forum software have it's own way, features, styles, etc
and mybb have good feature and enough for running a big online community forum.
I'm not saying MyBB hasn't enough features. I think people are missing the point here. All I am asking is for a feature that I would like to see, similar to the Soft Delete in VB.

Forget it. I won't ask again.
DanEthical Wrote:I'm not saying MyBB hasn't enough features. I think people are missing the point here. All I am asking is for a feature that I would like to see, similar to the Soft Delete in VB.

Forget it. I won't ask again.

I thought I already answered that?

Tikitiki Wrote:You can use "Unapprove" and then use the "Thread Notes" for each thread to say why
I know what you are saying. There is that option.
All I am saying is, MyBB does not have a "Soft Delete" option when deleting posts. You are just asked if you want to delete or not. I am just saying it would be good to be given an option to either delete fully or soft delete.
Pages: 1 2