MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inc/config.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

I am missing this file from my root folder and I am also missing the file inc/settings.php even though I have downloaded without a hitch. Is there an update/patch? I am unable to install mybb from my web browser. I think I have uploaded all the files to my web server correctly using ftp. I am using Filezilla as an FTP client. I seem to have created a database successfully on my webserver. I have uploaded the forum software using Filezilla to my "forums" directory, I have CHMODedd my files but I still can't install the forum. I understand I should be able to go to my web browser and install the forum software using my web address.

Cheers

Beanie
Are you moving servers or are you doing a clean install? Both files are in the "inc" folder, not the root MyBB folder. Have you checked there?

Yes after you have uploaded the forum and chmoded the appropriate files, you should be able to run the installer at http://www.example.com/yourforum/install
DennisTT Wrote:Are you moving servers or are you doing a clean install? Both files are in the "inc" folder, not the root MyBB folder. Have you checked there?

Yes after you have uploaded the forum and chmoded the appropriate files, you should be able to run the installer at http://www.example.com/yourforum/install

Hi DennisTT

I am trying to do a clean install. I have been trying now for a few days to crack this but can't get to the installation point. I have tried following the installation Wiki guide but I am falling short somewhere. I can't CHMOD the files if they aren't there. I've gone right through every directory but can't find them. I'll go back and have another look though.

Cheers

Beanie
Are the files in the package that you downloaded onto your computer? If so, have you tried just uploading those two files to their appropriate directories through your FTP?

Edited to add that if they aren't in the download on your computer, try downloading the package again and seeing if they're in that.
I've just noticed that I should be uploading the mybb files through ascii and binary mode for different files. Does the auto function not do this automatically?
Hi lufbra

The files don't appear to exist in the downloaded package.
Yes I've uninstalled and downloaded a few times now. I'll try uninstalling and downloading through a different browser to see if that works.
Don't uninstall, just try uploading those two files to their appropriate directories.

Oh, and Hi there Beanie. Wink
I missed your previous post, I can mail the files to you.
Cheers Dave

I'm waiting old bwt.....
Pages: 1 2 3