MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 3.7 - how will MyBB react?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Wow did anyone read the announcement to the next vB.

Myspace is taking over forum softwares. Sad

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460

Pretty nifty spam protect system though.
The social networking system is a step back for them - That's the sort of feature you'd want to see in a plugin. vBulletin is just getting way too bloated
Tikitiki Wrote:The social networking system is a step back for them - That's the sort of feature you'd want to see in a plugin. vBulletin is just getting way too bloated

STILL ugly looking as well. Some of that stuff would be nice but for the most part i honestly see no use in it. Alot of it seems to be off of what IPB has done as well such as the profile stuff. The spam management and post edit history are the only stuff that would have some good use. Would be nice to have something like that for the PM system which on my forum has been a huge problem with people spamming accounts and harrassing my members.
Tikitiki Wrote:The social networking system is a step back for them - That's the sort of feature you'd want to see in a plugin. vBulletin is just getting way too bloated

I would have to agree when I saw the new features announced and I'm like wait nothing about speed... There profile system looks ugly and its like myspace. And we all know how ugly myspace is. Cool

There is a difference between a lite forum software and one thats feature loaded.

Also imo I think its a bit weird that there profile system looks so much like IPB. hmmm.. >_>
wtf? Myspace sucks! why would jelsoft do something so stupid!
*reads the article*
Read the announcement last night too. Man that software is bloated and unfocused. It's out of control imho. Please MYBB...keep your software trim and lean.
The only things that seem like "good" additions to the actual package are the tag cloud, and the notices, because I can see how both would be useful in a large amount of forums. The other features will just bloat everything out...
DrPoodle Wrote:The only things that seem like "good" additions to the actual package are the tag cloud, and the notices, because I can see how both would be useful in a large amount of forums. The other features will just bloat everything out...

True. They all seem great but it just makes you think of one thing.....BLOATED. I also heard the boxes on the profiles can be draged and droped. Toungue.

Whats the point of the plugin system on vB? Toungue
DrPoodle Wrote:The only things that seem like "good" additions to the actual package are the tag cloud, and the notices, because I can see how both would be useful in a large amount of forums. The other features will just bloat everything out...
I agree with you there. The notices are pretty sweet looking - could probably be a plugin if someone felt up to it.

Jag100 Wrote:I also heard the boxes on the profiles can be draged and droped. Toungue.
I believe they said the boxes couldn't be dragged/dropped at this time...
Driven by commercialization...

I guess bloat can attract people as well...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5